ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earning

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guaravd

Previous Earning

Post by guaravd » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:56 pm

I have a small query and i request senior members and moderators to comment on the same.

Apart from income from salary, i want to prove income from my small time business. But i do not operate from my own company neither i have any business accounts. But i have arranged following documents to prove the income:

1) Copy of invoices raised by me to the client
2) Certificate from my client stating that they have made me payments on following dates along with cheque numbers and amount (duly stamped and signed by the client)
3) Personal bank account statements showing payments made to my account and it actually tally's with the invoice amount and certificate issued by the client
4) Letter from Chartered Account confirming gross and net income

Kindly guide if the above documents willl suffice for claiming points.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:10 pm

142. from self employment in the UK, a minimum of two documents, as described below, must be provided in addition to the documents listed in paragraph 141:
Employers Liability Insurance from an i) authorised insurer. (Authorised insurers are individuals or companies working under the terms of the Financial Services & Markets Act 2000. The Financial Services Authority (FSA) maintains a register of authorised insurers). A copy of this document may be provided if the original is legally required to be displayed at the applicant’s premises.
Proof of registration with HM Revenue ii) & Customs (HMRC) as self employed. Provide Unique Tax Reference Number UTR) for the applicant/business.
Evidence of Registration with HM iii) Revenue & Customs (HMRC) as an employer to pay PAYE & National Insurance. Provide proof of PAYE Reference Number & Accounts Office Reference Number.
Certificate of VAT registration and latest iv) VAT return confirming VAT registration number. (If turnover in excess of £64,000)
Latest Annual self-assessment tax return v) to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) - Statement of Account (SA300 or SA302).
Latest Corporate/Business Bank vi) Statement along with a letter from the Bank setting out the dealings it has had with the applicant/organisation, including the nature and duration of its dealings.
Proof of ownership of Business vii) Premises and other Fixed Assets or Proof of Lease of Business Premises

LET MAKE note of above otherwise HO WILL simple eat yr money

+ accounts with balance sheet
bank statements

coolgus029
Newly Registered

Post by coolgus029 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:29 pm

i do have a same query
from 142
i am having
1) UTR letter and NI contributions
2) employer liability insurance
and
accountant letter explains invoices raised by me
and personal bank statement

apart from this do i need to provide any document to HO.

thanx

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:27 pm

in case of sole trader

any two
1 sales summary on a/cs lettterhead
2 Income statement on a/cs letterhead
3 Profit and loss a/c and balance sheet

in case of company

any two
1 sales summary on a/cs lettterhead
2 Income statement on a/cs letterhead
3 Profit and loss a/c and balance sheet
4 Dividend vouchers

+ 142 REQUIREMETNS

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:12 am

Sushil-ACCA wrote:142. from self employment in the UK, a minimum of two documents, as described below, must be provided in addition to the documents listed in paragraph 141:
Employers Liability Insurance from an i) authorised insurer. (Authorised insurers are individuals or companies working under the terms of the Financial Services & Markets Act 2000. The Financial Services Authority (FSA) maintains a register of authorised insurers). A copy of this document may be provided if the original is legally required to be displayed at the applicant’s premises.
Proof of registration with HM Revenue ii) & Customs (HMRC) as self employed. Provide Unique Tax Reference Number UTR) for the applicant/business.
Evidence of Registration with HM iii) Revenue & Customs (HMRC) as an employer to pay PAYE & National Insurance. Provide proof of PAYE Reference Number & Accounts Office Reference Number.
Certificate of VAT registration and latest iv) VAT return confirming VAT registration number. (If turnover in excess of £64,000)
Latest Annual self-assessment tax return v) to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) - Statement of Account (SA300 or SA302).
Latest Corporate/Business Bank vi) Statement along with a letter from the Bank setting out the dealings it has had with the applicant/organisation, including the nature and duration of its dealings.
Proof of ownership of Business vii) Premises and other Fixed Assets or Proof of Lease of Business Premises

LET MAKE note of above otherwise HO WILL simple eat yr money

+ accounts with balance sheet
bank statements
But i am applying from India and i believe rules are different when u apply from India? Please guide

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:43 pm

i think you have right set of documents, my case was similar to yours only difference was i had applied from UK. Please refer to this post for more information on my application
Tier1 Aspirant

guaravd

Previous Earning

Post by guaravd » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:19 am

tier1_aspirant123 wrote:i think you have right set of documents, my case was similar to yours only difference was i had applied from UK. Please refer to this post for more information on my application
Thanks for the info but you have mentioned in your post that you also submitted
Original work order from client &
Tax document from client which unfortunateli i have not submitted. Are these mandate docs?

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:30 pm

they are not mandatory documents but i was just playing safe as self employment always invites more checks.
Tier1 Aspirant

anil_ch
Newly Registered

Post by anil_ch » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:43 pm

Hi,

What if some body working from India while his clients are in UK or US. Like working through his web based portal and getting the business while is money going to his foreign accounts.

In this case, will he be still required to get registered with HMRC and to fulfill all the other stuff

OR it need to be done from India

Secondly, What about registering a business like web based portals. If I own a website, do I still need to registered it as business or it should be fine without doing it.