ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Henah

Post by Henah » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:56 pm

Corrado..... good luck for tmro inshallah u will hear the news u need to hear...

asmajafar... thats good that i reported it and inshallah it shall be a good outcome.. i hope they investigate it properly and find out what happend etc..like corrado ialso believe ure visa has been issued because if it wasnt they cdnt demand money to change it cuz gerrys staff have nothing to do with the decision of the visa!!! Inshallah i do hope thats the case 4 u...keep us updated....

xx
Visa Submitted: 16/08/2010 (Mirpur)
Online: Forwarded to Islamabad OC 16/08/2010
Status changed: Under Process at the British High Commission 27/08/10
No Employer contact
Ready for collection: 11/11/10
Visa Granted :) ALHUMDULILA

imranh

Post by imranh » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:06 pm

[quote="sensazn"]bro I am actually from lancashire just outside of manchester. I live cloto bury -any solicitors from lancashire/greater manachester/yorkshire/north west is cool with me.[/quote]

bro ive found a law centre in bury detais are as follows

Bury Law Centre
Contact details
8 Bank Street
Bury
BL9 0DL

Telephone: 0161 272 0666
Fax: 0161 272 0031
Email: info@burylawcentre.co.uk

hope this helps ring them up for some advice or visit[/quote]

jazakallah bro for your help much appreciated.

for those people who have the dilemma of changing employment during the visa application - it appears the best solution is to update your application in pakistan with your new employment details.

does anyone know what is the sponsor's minimum salary requirement for a settelment visa application??? someone asked and i did not know

Henah

Post by Henah » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:07 pm

srry i meant good job that You reported it!!
Visa Submitted: 16/08/2010 (Mirpur)
Online: Forwarded to Islamabad OC 16/08/2010
Status changed: Under Process at the British High Commission 27/08/10
No Employer contact
Ready for collection: 11/11/10
Visa Granted :) ALHUMDULILA

snipered

Post by snipered » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:20 pm

asmajafar wrote:hEY SNIPERED! Congrats! im so happy for you..how did u find out your status has changed?
My wife got a text and then she phoned me to tell me. We also got an email saying the same and the onlin status has changed. Yours will change very soon. Just be ready.
Applied in Islamabad - 13 May 2010
Status changed to forward to BHC - 13 May 2010
Status changed to under process - 26 May 2010
Employer contacted - 26 July 2010
Passport Recieved with Visa - 8 Sept 2010

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:21 pm

snipered wrote:Firstly, our status has changed to Come collect passport. Inshallah, everything is fine as it said in the email. Please do dua. My wife is going tomorrow.

Secondy - sensazn, - in your case i would contact your MP and raise this as a serious issue. Ask them to ring or email to help speed up the process. Just make sure that the person on the other end understands and is sympethetic. Just make sure that action is taken and the person just doesnt fob you off with, oh it hasnt been 12 weeks etc. This is a must for you. Straight away tomorrow morning.

I'm thinking whether or not you should email the home office in Croydon...im not too sure on this......

All our duas are with you friend.

thank you snipered... that makes sense to me i will insha allah get in touch with the local MP

do you have the email address for croydon

jazakallah snipered ur sympathy means a lot to me.... insha allah ur wife will have a smile on her face tomorrow and u she will get her visa....ameen

corrado

Post by corrado » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:02 am

Henah I think you mean good luck to snipered and his wife for tomorrow not me! Insha'Allah they have got the visa as per the email so all the best to both of you snipered

Imranh there is no minimum income level as such but for a couple you must have around £105 per week (approx £455 per month) left over after essential expenses such as rent/mortgage and council tax etc. The figure is larger if you have a child. There is already a lot of information regarding this on the forum including which expenses are included in this calculation.

TANVIR786
Newly Registered

Re: VAF4 App Form

Post by TANVIR786 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:18 am

corrado wrote:
TANVIR786 wrote:
zeddy zed wrote:
TANVIR786 wrote:Hi,

Question:

Will the visa app centre in Lahore accept the VAF4 form downloaded and filled in from the UK Gerrys website or does it have to be collected from pakistan and filled in????

All help is appreciated.
They will accept the printed version, i downloaded the VAF4 and printed it in black and white , they didnt have no problem with it at all
Thanks.

Another question. Do my copies of original documents (bank statements, house deed, housing inspection report etc) need to be attested or not???
If you are the sponsor: All your documents should be orginals except for your passport. So if you are handing in for example, your orginal bank statements plus copies then the copies don't need to be certified. Same applies for anything your handing in which is an original document.

You do however, require a certified copy of your passport as you won't be handing in your passport.
Would you happen to know how much time it take to get a appointment to submit visa application. Is it days or weeks???

snipered

Post by snipered » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:40 am

Alhamdulillah, my wife got the passport with the visa on.

We also arranged for her to come back tomorrow, just in time for Eid.

Thanks to everyone on the board and the support.

Most thanks to Allah - well for everything.

Can't wait.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I will still do dua for everyone because after going through the stress, i realise what others are going through.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sezan, the email address for Croydon is:

UKHUB.Paki​stanSettlem​entEnquirie​sandComplai​nts@fco.gov​.uk

let us know the status after emailing them. My dua for you is that your wife joins you safely before the birth of your child.

My duas are with everyone and i shall keep giving dua for everyone.

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:02 am

AOA786

snipered brother Bohat Bohat Mubarak Masha Allah you got it and i wish you good luck for feuture life toagther and would you also please tell us little story about you application and also give us the list of your documensts.
Please remember us in your dua,s .

Jazak Allah Khair.

corrado

Re: VAF4 App Form

Post by corrado » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:41 am

TANVIR786 wrote:
corrado wrote:
TANVIR786 wrote:
zeddy zed wrote:
They will accept the printed version, i downloaded the VAF4 and printed it in black and white , they didnt have no problem with it at all
Thanks.

Another question. Do my copies of original documents (bank statements, house deed, housing inspection report etc) need to be attested or not???
If you are the sponsor: All your documents should be orginals except for your passport. So if you are handing in for example, your orginal bank statements plus copies then the copies don't need to be certified. Same applies for anything your handing in which is an original document.

You do however, require a certified copy of your passport as you won't be handing in your passport.
Would you happen to know how much time it take to get a appointment to submit visa application. Is it days or weeks???
It certainly used to be days rather than weeks however due to the impending English language test I would guess it is now weeks. Depends on the centre too. Perhaps those who have applied very recently would like to comment?

Don't forget you need to get the TB screening done first.

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:43 am

Hey guys!!!

I hgave some news...my husband got a text to say your passport it ready for colelction and come to collect it on Monday 13th September.

The online status has also changed..so just gta wait till Monday. Please do dua for me.

corrado

Post by corrado » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:43 am

snipered best wishes to you both for your future together :D

corrado

Post by corrado » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:47 am

asmajafar wrote:Hey guys!!!

I hgave some news...my husband got a text to say your passport it ready for colelction and come to collect it on Monday 13th September.

The online status has also changed..so just gta wait till Monday. Please do dua for me.
Great! I guess you haven't heard again from the people you reported the hoaxer to?

Ask your husband to check they are open on Monday as I was sure the website said they are closed for Eid.

Insha'Allah you will have good news.

imranh

Post by imranh » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Hi

Does anyone know what kind of questions their employer's were asked when they were contacted??

I presume they ask salary, employment type (permanent/contract, full time/part time), employment commencement.

Do they ask if the spouse is currently employed at the company??

The reason why I am asking is that If I hand in my notice (one month notice period) and they contact my HR I will need to tell HR not to mention that I am on my notice period !!!!!!!!!

Are there any othe questions they ask your employers???

snipered

Post by snipered » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:12 pm

asmajafar wrote:Hey guys!!!

Thats great news.

However, its shut on Friday and Monday. You could go tomorrow or on Tuesday.
3 September 2010: Public holiday closure at the visa application centres on 10 and 13 September. The visa application centres in Pakistan will be closed on Friday 10 September and Monday 13 September, for Eid ul Fitr. The visa application centres will resume normal business hours on Tuesday 14 September.
My duas will not stop, i will continue to do dua for everyone. Thanks everyone.
Last edited by snipered on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snipered

Post by snipered » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:14 pm

tasawar wrote:AOA786

snipered brother Bohat Bohat Mubarak Masha Allah you got it and i wish you good luck for feuture life toagther and would you also please tell us little story about you application and also give us the list of your documensts.
Please remember us in your dua,s .

Jazak Allah Khair.
Thank you friend. I will do this when i get home. I had a covering letter stating everything that was in the application.
I will go through this and i will post everything to you latter on tonight.

genious

Post by genious » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:42 pm

AA,

mashallah, Congratulations (Mabroke) to every one who got visa and May ALLAH bless your union and give you lot of hapiness. pleae don't forget pak flood victoms and especially whole Ummah in your dua's in this blessed month.

i will be applying in 2-3 weeks, inshallah. i will post my status along the way.

thanks every one, it looks like a great community helping each other.

Ws'salaam

snipered

Post by snipered » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:43 pm

imranh wrote:Hi

Does anyone know what kind of questions their employer's were asked when they were contacted??

I presume they ask salary, employment type (permanent/contract, full time/part time), employment commencement.

Do they ask if the spouse is currently employed at the company??

The reason why I am asking is that If I hand in my notice (one month notice period) and they contact my HR I will need to tell HR not to mention that I am on my notice period !!!!!!!!!

Are there any othe questions they ask your employers???
Yes they do ask: There is an employment form that your HR has to fill in.

Details
Start Date
Salary

I am almost 100% sure they will ask does the person come in - i.e absence level (This is to check that it is a permanent job and it may also be used a means of a check if you haven't disclosed something on your application).

imranh

Post by imranh » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:04 pm

[quote="snipered"]
Yes they do ask: There is an employment form that your HR has to fill in.

Details
Start Date
Salary

I am almost 100% sure they will ask does the person come in - i.e absence level (This is to check that it is a permanent job and it may also be used a means of a check if you haven't disclosed something on your application).[/quote]

Congratulations/mubarak brother on your outcome and may allah swt keep you happy and give you barakah. and jazakallah for your reply.

I did not realise that they also send a form for HR to complete - I thought it was done over the phone??? I thought they just rang HR to confirm and that was that !!!!.

My only concern is that if they contacted my HR whilst I am on my notice - I dont want them to find out that I am on my notice if my new employment details have not yet been updated in islamabad.

I hope they dont ask about the sponsor employment future, if he has resigned, or leaving that employment??? :(

mkak

Post by mkak » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:05 pm

aoa..my husband is self employed....they still called at hsi current work place..
all they were asking was "what does he do" (hez optometrist)
then they wanted to talk to him but he wasnt workin that day...they were like they'll call back today (Wednesday)
if my hubby doesnt get a call today ...should he email them? what should he write?

Nags

Post by Nags » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:39 pm

Has any early july ppl recieved any news yet?

or would this be not until nxt month

snipered

Post by snipered » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:54 pm

mkak wrote:aoa..my husband is self employed....they still called at hsi current work place..
all they were asking was "what does he do" (hez optometrist)
then they wanted to talk to him but he wasnt workin that day...they were like they'll call back today (Wednesday)
if my hubby doesnt get a call today ...should he email them? what should he write?
With my work place at the NHS, they phoned to ask to which email address should they send the form to.

After completing the form, it was emailed to them and they replied saying we have recieved your form thank you"

I think it just depends on whos on the other end.

Nags

Post by Nags » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:55 pm

mkak - Islamabad - 07/06/10 - under progress at BHC 18/6/2010
Tasawar - Mirpur - 08/06/2010 -under process at Bhc 23/06/2010
maryammajid786 - place pls? - 11/06/10 - status pls
tk786 - karachi - 21/06/10 - under process at BHC 05/07/10
londongood - karachi - 21/06/10 - Under process at BHC - 05.07.10
Corrado - Islamabad - 02/07/10 - Under process at BHC - 16/07/10
Ikhlaq - Islamabad - 05/07/10 - under process at bhc - 16/07/10
Navalaviator - Islamabad - 14/07/10 - Under process at bhc - 27/07/10
yoda121- Lahore - 19/07/10 - under process at bhc - 02/08/10
K44MYY - MIRPUR - 22/07/10 - passed onto Islamabed on 22/07/10
Zar2009 - Islamabad - 26/07/10 - passed onto Islamabad on 26/07/10
Newbie21-Islamabad - 27/07/10 under process at bhc -10/08/10
Qasim - Dates pls?

hi Just wondering whether this has been updated recently

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:18 pm

snipered wrote:Alhamdulillah, my wife got the passport with the visa on.

We also arranged for her to come back tomorrow, just in time for Eid.

Thanks to everyone on the board and the support.

Most thanks to Allah - well for everything.

Can't wait.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I will still do dua for everyone because after going through the stress, i realise what others are going through.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sezan, the email address for Croydon is:

UKHUB.Paki​stanSettlem​entEnquirie​sandComplai​nts@fco.gov​.uk

let us know the status after emailing them. My dua for you is that your wife joins you safely before the birth of your child.

My duas are with everyone and i shall keep giving dua for everyone.

congrats brv, wish u all the best

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:27 pm

yh dey said between now and monday. My husband is going tommorw to gerry ofice at 9am - apparantly they called him to come tommorow now. So i will let u guys no 2omoz what the outcome of visa is. Im so scared!