ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation/ESOL/Life in the UK test

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anton123
Newly Registered

Naturalisation/ESOL/Life in the UK test

Post by Anton123 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:26 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the requirements to have sufficient knowledge of language and life in the UK for Naturalisation Application. As far as I understand you don’t have to do both the ESOL course and Life in the UK test. Am I right?

I have GCSE English at grade B and GCSE Literature at grade B from school. I also have over 5 A-levels at grade A. I am starting my degree this September and have no time to attend ESOL course. Is it possible to only pass “The Life in the UK testâ€

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:24 pm

If you pass the Life in the UK test you don't need an ESOL qualification.
The English language certificates will be disregarded anyway as the KOL test is about being able to answer questions on British politics, laws, social history and customs etc. Not how well you can read and write in English.

Anton123
Newly Registered

Post by Anton123 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:46 pm

I understand, that is very good to know. Thank you.

voytek
Newly Registered

Post by voytek » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:54 am

I have similar question

I'm EEA member (Poland). I passed Life In The UK Test a few days ago. Before the test, during verification, the test's supervisor asked me about the reason of taking the test - CITIZENSHIP or SETTLEMENT. Does it really matter?? I selected as CITIZENSHIP.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:58 am

voytek wrote:I have similar question

I'm EEA member (Poland). I passed Life In The UK Test a few days ago. Before the test, during verification, the test's supervisor asked me about the reason of taking the test - CITIZENSHIP or SETTLEMENT. Does it really matter?? I selected as CITIZENSHIP.
No it doesn't matter.
I tell it like it is.