ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fixed Penalty Notice and fine !

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

roopscisco

Fixed Penalty Notice and fine !

Post by roopscisco » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:14 am

Hello Members,

i am confused while going through some threats here and would like to have an opinion if possible..

>>>> I have got FIXED Penalty fine for stopping the car in the Yellow box Junction in De 2009, which i have paid as soon as i got the notice.

>>>> I have got another penalty notice when my car has parked in the restricted parking zone area in June 2010. But i have paid that fine as well.

Are these incidents will effect my application in anyway as im due to apply for naturalization in 2 weeks time.

Really appreciate your responses.
Roopscisco.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:32 pm

I think you should download this UKBA document, which is instructions to staff dealing with Naturalisation applications.

In particular read 3.2.4, and having done so you may well conclude that you would be well advised to delay your application until December 2010, that is, until after the first anniversary of the issue of the first Fixed Penalty Notice that you mention.
John

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:47 pm

There is a difference between a Fixed Penalty Notice and a Penalty Charge for parking though.

The guidance in 3.2 of John's link refers to a fixed penalty notice arising from a conviction. Arguably if you were never convicted, then a fixed penalty for a minor issue not involving dishonesty need not even be declared as an issue of character, never mind actually affecting your application.

A penalty charge for parking (i.e. a "parking ticket") doesn't arise out of a criminal conviction at all: others' opinions may vary but why would you need to disclose it as an issue of character at all?

roopscisco, can you be more specific about your fines?

For the Fixed Penalty (the box junction issue), did you have the option of paying the fine or going to court?

For the parking fine, do you still have the parking ticket? What does it say?

Then again, you could just delay until December 2010 if there's no particular urgency to your applying.

roopscisco

Post by roopscisco » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:11 pm

Kitty wrote:There is a difference between a Fixed Penalty Notice and a Penalty Charge for parking though.

The guidance in 3.2 of John's link refers to a fixed penalty notice arising from a conviction. Arguably if you were never convicted, then a fixed penalty for a minor issue not involving dishonesty need not even be declared as an issue of character, never mind actually affecting your application.

A penalty charge for parking (i.e. a "parking ticket") doesn't arise out of a criminal conviction at all: others' opinions may vary but why would you need to disclose it as an issue of character at all?

roopscisco, can you be more specific about your fines?

For the Fixed Penalty (the box junction issue), did you have the option of paying the fine or going to court?

For the parking fine, do you still have the parking ticket? What does it say?

Then again, you could just delay until December 2010 if there's no particular urgency to your applying.
Hello John thanks for the reply & pointing out the topic.

@ Kitty.. I havent been to court for any of those incidents as i have had the chance to pay them via phone and online & all paid within 2/3 days of having the tickets in hand.

the 2nd incident/ Parking fine is definitely PCN as i remember that & paid on the day itself to Ealing council via online.

But the "box Junction" case, im not sure whether its a FPN / PCN but i paid via phone thats it. Never heard back anything after that. But still trying to find whether its FPN.

Aprt from that & due to my job situation i was thinking to put forward my application by the end of Sep 2010 & get it done ASAP.
Roopscisco.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:57 pm

... due to my job situation .....
Sorry, what has your job situation got to do with it? If you are thinking that you might be made redundant or become unemployed, I point out that for a Naturalisation application it is not necessary to be in work.
John

roopscisco

Post by roopscisco » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:35 pm

John wrote:
... due to my job situation .....
Sorry, what has your job situation got to do with it? If you are thinking that you might be made redundant or become unemployed, I point out that for a Naturalisation application it is not necessary to be in work.

Yes i know the t JOB Situation is nothing to do with Natualization and also Im unemployed now.. But lost couple of oppertunities due to NOT having British citizenship... That was the only reason behind it.. nothing else...
Roopscisco.