ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Council housing with baby on the way. Possible?. Please Help

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NiiKpani

Council housing with baby on the way. Possible?. Please Help

Post by NiiKpani » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:42 pm

Before i (British) got married to my wife who is on a spouse visa, i was on the waiting list for council housing. However being a single guy without dependants i was placed at the bottom of the list i.e. not given priority. My circumstances have changed. Presently my wife is expecting to conceive in a few months. I know that according to immigration law we should not resort to public funds due to her status so far as supporting her is concerned. I now have need of rehousing mainly because of our baby who will be a British Citizen at birth. Am i able to inform them of the change in circumstance with respect to my housing needs in my own right as a British Citizen with a baby without it affecting future applications my wife may make for permanent residency. I was already on the waiting list before i got married.

Thanks for your time

unknown

Post by unknown » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:16 pm

i guess there will be not a problem for you to apply for rehousing and it will not affect your wife's ILR. best is to make an appointment with neighbourhood office in your area and tell them your present circumstances. if your wife is currently pregnant then take a confirmation letter from your own GP with you too .

all the best