ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouces visa running out, my ILR not decided yet.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ReadingMI
Newly Registered

Spouces visa running out, my ILR not decided yet.

Post by ReadingMI » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:33 pm

Hi there,

I applied for ILR (long residency) and still not decided. At the mean time, my spouces visa is running out. she has to file FLR(M) as she has not completed her ILR eligibility period.

In the form, SECTION 4 - WHICH CATEGORY ? if my ILR had been decided I had to check, "SPOUCE OF A PERSON PRESENT AND SETTELED IN UK AND BIOMETRIC IMMIGRATION DOCUMENTATION." box, but I don't have my passport back from HO, how to explain ?

it's urgent please help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:54 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ReadingMI
Newly Registered

Post by ReadingMI » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:11 pm

THANKS Vinny.

bhayre
- thin ice -

ILR

Post by bhayre » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:27 pm

I would first send a letter via special delivery to the UK Border Agency enquiring on your application. state their advertised service times and insist that you are provided with a response.

If you then have to submit your wife's application at least you can enclose the copy of the letter that you have sent regarding your application as evidence that you are trying to obtain a response.

ReadingMI
Newly Registered

Re: ILR

Post by ReadingMI » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:44 pm

bhayre wrote:I would first send a letter via special delivery to the UK Border Agency enquiring on your application. state their advertised service times and insist that you are provided with a response.

If you then have to submit your wife's application at least you can enclose the copy of the letter that you have sent regarding your application as evidence that you are trying to obtain a response.
It's been just 5 weeks they received my ILR application. Do you still suggest me to write them first before sending my spouces's application ?

I don't know what would be the best ?