ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - 10 Years Long Residence - Evidence of Finances

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

YT10UK
Newly Registered

ILR - 10 Years Long Residence - Evidence of Finances

Post by YT10UK » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:45 am

In form SET(O):

SECTION 5 - YOUR HOME AND FINANCES
You are not required to complete this section if you are applying in the ex-HM Forces, long residence in the UK or bereaved partner categories.

SECTION 9 - DOCUMENTS
Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds.

I believe the Section 5 means that the applicant not required to fill in the section if he/she applying in the long residence in the UK. Also, the Section 9 means that the applicant not required to provide evidence of my finances if he/she don't have to complete Section 5.

If this is true, has anyone recently applied for ILR based on 10 years long residence and without providing the evidence of finances but has successfully got the ILR?

t070576

Post by t070576 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:37 pm

Is it best to fill the section and provide evidence such as bank statements and pay slips?

Will filling the section with evidence support the application or is it not required at all? If anyone has got any ideas please?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:44 pm

YT10UK, if the form says don't bother to fill in that section, or supply that evidence, why are you querying that?

It seems unambiguous to me.
John