ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU spouse of Irish citizen - first arrival in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MalinaQ
Newly Registered

Non-EU spouse of Irish citizen - first arrival in Ireland

Post by MalinaQ » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:08 pm

Hello, everyone! advise please what steps should do Non-EU spouse of Irish citizen when she arrives in Ireland for the first time ?
- To register in local Garda station and to receive stamp 4?
- To prolong visa - where?
- To receive PPS number (tax number) for being able to work?
- what stamps can be received in airport?
Thank you in advance!

fatty patty

Re: Non-EU spouse of Irish citizen - first arrival in Irelan

Post by fatty patty » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:36 pm

MalinaQ wrote:Hello, everyone! advise please what steps should do Non-EU spouse of Irish citizen when she arrives in Ireland for the first time ?
Thank you in advance!
You need to go to your regional garda headquarters (info available on www.garda.ie) if you reside outside Dublin to register for immigration. If you reside in Dublin you have to go to INIS Burgh Quay, Dublin-2 to register armed with all the documentation.

Irish spouse gets yearly STAMP4 visa which is extended every year by presenting yourself & Irish spouse to the above said offices. After 3 years of stamping you get a 5 year stamp or until the expiry of your passport.

To receive PPS you need to go to your local Social Welfare office (see www.dsfa.ie) with your passport & proof of residence (bill/bank statement) to get PPS no. It is usually issued in 2-3 weeks after application.

If you are coming to Ireland and don't have Irish visa you won't be allowed entry even though if you are traveling with your Irish spouse. You have to present yourself to the Irish embassy/mission abroad to get visa first (which is usually for 3 months but extended after you register here).

MalinaQ
Newly Registered

Post by MalinaQ » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:42 pm

fatty patty, thank you a lot! :D

Blueice2412
Newly Registered

Post by Blueice2412 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:32 pm

MalinaQ wrote:Hello, everyone! advise please what steps should do Non-EU spouse of Irish citizen when she arrives in Ireland for the first time ?
Thank you in advance!
Hello,

I just arrived here 6 weeks ago, when you go garda station, they actually give now 5 yrs stamp 4 for Irish spouses or one month before your passport expiry. I went to social welfare also to get my PPS# and it won't take too long, just after a week or two, you'll get it. From airport in Ireland, they will give you 3 months visa then before it expires you really have to go to garda station, that is how it is. Good luck to you!

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:33 pm

From airport in Ireland, they will give you 3 months visa then before it expires you really have to go to garda station, that is how it is. Good luck to you!
I don't think you get a STAMP4 (right to live/work/do business) visa at the airport :? . You can come into Ireland without a visa if you are a citizen of country from this list http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Do_I_need_a_Visa but its only for 3 months visit status. (Excluding the EU countries from that list as they can live & work anywhere in EU). If you are not from the country said in the list then you need a visit visa to get in.

MalinaQ
Newly Registered

Post by MalinaQ » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:03 pm

Blueice2412, fatty patty - thank you ! :)

MalinaQ
Newly Registered

Post by MalinaQ » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:06 pm

Hello,
can somebody tell me the difference between stamp 4 and stamp 4 EU Fam?
I've got stamp 4 and if i will go home to Ukraine for few days do I need new irish visa or I have just to show my stamp 4?
or do i need re-entry visa?

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:14 am

MalinaQ wrote:Hello,
can somebody tell me the difference between stamp 4 and stamp 4 EU Fam?
I've got stamp 4 and if i will go home to Ukraine for few days do I need new irish visa or I have just to show my stamp 4?
or do i need re-entry visa?
If you have stamp 4, you will have to get a re-entry visa.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

MalinaQ
Newly Registered

Post by MalinaQ » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:37 am

Monifé, thank you :)