ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What are my chances???

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

charley
Newly Registered

What are my chances???

Post by charley » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 pm

I've 3 children.Two of the children (14 and 12)were born outside uk, whose visas expired some years ago.Since I got my ILR,the other one (4yrs)born in the uk has got his British passport, but the 2 children because they were born outside uk haven't got any staying permit.They have been here for 4 yrs.

Could anyone tell me what type of permit I can apply for the other 2 children?And what are the chances for them to be granted the staying permit?

bhayre
- thin ice -

Post by bhayre » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:11 pm

Hi

I have just read your question and wanted to send you a response.

You have two options you can either make an application to the UK Border Agency using application form SET F, which is an application form for leave to remain for dependent family members, or in teh alternative you could submit an application for both your children on application from flro and ask for it to be considered under the discretionary leave policy.

[Advertising removed by Moderator]

kind Regards

Bal Hayre

charley
Newly Registered

Post by charley » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:13 pm

bhayre wrote:Hi

I have just read your question and wanted to send you a response.

You have two options you can either make an application to the UK Border Agency using application form SET F, which is an application form for leave to remain for dependent family members, or in teh alternative you could submit an application for both your children on application from flro and ask for it to be considered under the discretionary leave policy.

[Advertising removed by Moderator]

kind Regards

Bal Hayre
Thank you for your response to my post.Could you please advice me which of the 2 options you'll recommend me to make the application? and why?
Regards Charley

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:31 pm

Two of the children (14 and 12)were born outside uk, whose visas expired some years ago.
Why did their visas expire? Why wasn't a further application made for them?
John

bhayre
- thin ice -

Children matter

Post by bhayre » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:32 pm

I would advise using the set f appliction form and making represetations in accordance with the requirements of discretionary leave

charley
Newly Registered

Post by charley » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:58 pm

John wrote:
Two of the children (14 and 12)were born outside uk, whose visas expired some years ago.
Why did their visas expire? Why wasn't a further application made for them?
They entered with 6 months visitors visa.It expired when I was also here UK illegally.But now,I have ILR and think this is the time to make the application for them as i'm their father.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:24 am

How come you have your ILR and your children have not? Why weren't they included in whatever application you made to get your ILR?
John

charley
Newly Registered

Post by charley » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:19 pm

John wrote:How come you have your ILR and your children have not? Why weren't they included in whatever application you made to get your ILR?
When I divorced with their mother,she virtually kept them away from me for years.I had no idea where they were,until last year,and through strenous efforts I was able to trace them-and they have b
een staying me since.

Having got my ILR I applied to get my 2 childern registered as British citizens along side the one born in the uk.But the registration of the two was refused because I'm not yet a British citizen.

The children are all on my records in the Home Office.