ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost Passport and British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shokishoki
Newly Registered

Lost Passport and British Passport

Post by shokishoki » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:27 pm

Dear Forum

I have lost my original passport I used to enter the UK. I obtained a replacement which is what I used to obtain my naturalisation certificate.Will IPS refuse to issue my passport. Do I have to send a cover letter explaining my situation? Thank you.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:33 pm

Send a letter of explanation. They are unlikely to refuse to issue a passport.

shokishoki
Newly Registered

Post by shokishoki » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:18 pm

JAJ. Thank you for your very quick reply. Will send it with the covering letter.

babar381
Newly Registered

Re: Lost Passport and British Passport

Post by babar381 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:04 pm

Dear Shokishoki,
As you also had the same situation , that i am going through at the moment . I would be obliged for your sincere advise .
THE SITUATION IS
I came in u.k. in july 2005 with Hsmp visa . On my first passport , i have Hsmp visa 1yr + 4 yrs extension stickers . This passport was expired in feb 2008 (still have it).
In march 2008 i was issued a new passport through Pakistan Embassy London . This passport got lost in Pakistan during my trip in june 2009. (lost).
In july 2010 i got issued new passport from Karachi (Pakistan). On which i came back , and successfully got ILR under JR rules in march 2010 along with HO letter qualifying me to apply for naturalisation after 05 july 2010. ( still have it )
So the second passport (Lost one ) did not have any visa sticker on it .
The missing passport makes a gap from march 2008 to june 2009, which is 15 months . what shall i do ,
I have my (PART TIME) wage slips till oct 2008 . since oct 2008 i am running a company and not withdrawing any wages for my self, but did withdraw divident as a company's director .

On 01/09/10 i took NCS and did send my application with all relavant documents , other then any documents showing my activity for the above said period which is 15 months .