ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time it takes 2 get Gib residency (non UE spouse of EU natio

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gulmisha
Newly Registered

Time it takes 2 get Gib residency (non UE spouse of EU natio

Post by gulmisha » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:33 pm

Hello everybody,
I am new here and am researching about the paperwork we need to present to get a residency in Gib and how long it would take to get it.

I am a non EU national (US) and my husband is Spanish. We currently live in the south of Spain and want to move to Gibraltar so that I can get a job there (I am a qualified accountant who used to work in financial industry in London and cannot find anything in Andalucia). Since my husband can work from home (he works for a multinational company with a work contract through a Spanish subsidiary - I mention this in case it somehow matters his residency requirements), we thought to move to Gibraltar, get a residency there and my work permit as a spouse of a EU national residing in Gib and start looking for a job there.
In your experiences or from what you heard, what paperwork we would need to present to an immigration (?) office in Gib for our residency and how long it would take to actually get a work permit for me?
I am asking to get an idea about timelines before we pack and move to Gib for me to start job searching there with a work permit on my hands.

Thank you in advance for any advice and responses.