ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uncertain future in the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sin
Newly Registered

Uncertain future in the UK

Post by Sin » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:20 pm

Hi there guyz!

I really really don't know what to do or where to start. This is my case :(

Came to the UK as a visitor (Dec 2001), visiting a family member (mother) that was under a workpermit back then. I'm over 18 and my two brothers are under 18. Automatically the other 2 fell under her workpermit and I managed to switch from visiting visa to a student visa 2002 - 2004. She couldn't cope with the fees for my studies so I stopped attending college on those grounds.

She then got ILR sometime in 2004 and now she is in process of applying for a Brit passport. I managed to apply as a dependant over 18 yrs old whilst my student visa was still valid. I got the acknoledgement of receipt but still waiting for a results for nearly 2 yrs now. What are the chances of my application being successful?

As from the day I applied everything came to a dead stop except for my love life. I've been in a stable relationship with a Brit national for 2 yrs now and this is my fifth year in the UK. She knows my situation and we are planning to get married as soon as I get my docs back from the HO regardless of the results. Both of us are living with parents. She's working part-time and I'm not working at all. I just don't know where to start with this one .

Sorry about this long writing I just didn't know who to turn to for help. Plz help this no direction individual.

Status in UK: Student from South Africa
Girlfriend's Status: British born

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:10 pm

The cheap/ free way is to get your MP on the case - they should be able to get you some feedback on progress with this rather longstanding application. Type House of Commons in any search engine to find out the contact details of your local MP. They often have surgeries in their constituencies although you are likely to deal with a member of his/ her staff who handles any immigration related correspondence. Note that the MP cannot influence a decision on the case - they merely get the resolution/review moving on a bit. After this you should be able to consider a way forward. Good luck.

Sin
Newly Registered

Post by Sin » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:55 pm

Thanks Kaya

I managed 2get hold of an MP of my area. I've been given a date to see him, hopefully things will start moving a bit.

I'll keep updated..
Thanks again