ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General New policy maintenance fund

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

s3cure
Newly Registered

Post by s3cure » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:24 pm

I am currently in a situation where I discovered quite late about the requirement of maintenance funds to maintain before I can apply a visa for my son who was born here in the UK. We now have travelling plans in October but I have not maintained the required funds for the 3 of us so far.

But I came across "Home Department v Pankina" court judgement and read on the UKBA website about the review of applications etc.

However they are all talking about applications made before 22 July 2010. Now if the court has given a decision against the current guidelines, these should have been changed accordingly for new applications. But I don't see any change in the guidelines for new applications anywhere. So I am a bit confused. I wonder if someone here has more information to share.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 General New policy maintenance fund

Post by push » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:35 pm

s3cure wrote:I am currently in a situation where I discovered quite late about the requirement of maintenance funds to maintain before I can apply a visa for my son who was born here in the UK. We now have travelling plans in October but I have not maintained the required funds for the 3 of us so far.

But I came across "Home Department v Pankina" court judgement and read on the UKBA website about the review of applications etc.

However they are all talking about applications made before 22 July 2010. Now if the court has given a decision against the current guidelines, these should have been changed accordingly for new applications. But I don't see any change in the guidelines for new applications anywhere. So I am a bit confused. I wonder if someone here has more information to share.
The HO amended the immigration act to plug the loophole. You have to maintain the funds for 3 months now.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

s3cure
Newly Registered

Post by s3cure » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:46 pm

Thank you very much push. I have just one more confusion and I would be grateful if you could clear that for me. As me, my wife and my son are all currently in the UK, do I only need the funds for my son's maintenance before I apply his visa only ?

push
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 General New policy maintenance fund

Post by push » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:51 pm

s3cure wrote:Thank you very much push. I have just one more confusion and I would be grateful if you could clear that for me. As me, my wife and my son are all currently in the UK, do I only need the funds for my son's maintenance before I apply his visa only ?
Yes
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

s3cure
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependant child maintenance fund

Post by s3cure » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:04 pm

Ok thanks alot. By reading the policy guidelines, it confused me and I thought if I would have to maintain funds for all of us even though I am only applying for my son's visa.