ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice needed

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

achoo
Newly Registered

advice needed

Post by achoo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:52 pm

hi all
My query is i completed my BBA from one of london based college in 2008/, i got only the transcripts, as my college lost accreditation in middle of my studies and its not recognized by UKBA any more.
now in 2010 i applied in Highly Trusted University and i got the unconditional offer, and i did explain to university that i am in a situation, and they replied to me that we can mentioned this in my CAS letter that they access through my transcripts,
all i am thinking is how the visa officer look at this case, like i got the CAS letter but the admission is given on basis of my BBA and that collge is not in list,and even this college is not offering any more graduate programe,

will this effect ????

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:41 pm

If your current offer of acceptance is based on your previous qualification (and which is not recognized by UKBA as a "genuine" qualification) then your application may be refused.

regards

achoo
Newly Registered

Post by achoo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:00 pm

well the thing is my previous college is not in UKBA CURRENT list, but i got three extensions on that college while i was studying in that college and when did i completed my BBA.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:12 pm

Do you know why your college has been removed from the sponsor list?

If your qualification is recognized by UKBA as genuine then you should not have a problem but if your qualification is considered bogus (and the college has been removed from list for issuing bogus degrees) then, as I said before, your application may be refused.

regards

achoo
Newly Registered

Post by achoo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:18 pm

well after completion of my studies i moved out and according to UKBA new rules they preferred to stay out of this by not offering any graduate programmes, i dont think so they removed from list

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:22 pm

Then it shouldn't be a problem.

Make sure CAS has all the necessary information as specified in the Tier 4 policy guidance - to ensure there is no excuse for refusal.

regards

achoo
Newly Registered

Post by achoo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:00 pm

well i received CAS and its says in evidence of qualification that the BBA awarded by xyz college
i hope there shouldn't be any problem

kooky
Newly Registered

Tier 4 sudent visa application new version (09/10)

Post by kooky » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:00 am

Dear All

I posted student visa extension on 6th September. Before posting, I checked on UKBA website old version application (07/10) was still on. Now I have noticed tody, applications send on or after 6 Sept, must be the new version. It wasn't there when I sent it. Any body could help please...

Thanks