ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When can I apply

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Junaidbinyasin
Mood:
Pakistan

When can I apply

Post by Junaidbinyasin » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi there,

I have got ILR after 10 years of long residence in June this year, Could any body tell me what is rule for british nationality? I mean , After how long I can apply for citizenship?

Thanks in Advance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:48 pm

If you are spouse / partner of a British citizen, you may apply anytime you wish. Else, you may apply after 12 months of being granted settlement.

regards

Junaidbinyasin
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Junaidbinyasin » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:43 pm

sushdmehta wrote:If you are spouse / partner of a British citizen, you may apply anytime you wish. Else, you may apply after 12 months of being granted settlement.

regards
I heard that u have to wiat for three yeras if u r spouse of british and five years if any other catgary.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:42 pm

Well, all I can say is - what you heard is not correct.

You have already fulfilled the "10 years lawful stay" residential requirement and been granted settlement on that basis. You may now apply for naturalisation as mentioned above.

regards