ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Acknowledgement letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dhakarsharif
- thin ice -

PSW visa

Post by dhakarsharif » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:15 pm

dear
I have applied for post study work visa on 17th august via royal mail special delivery which received by UKBA on 18th august ( cheek by online tracking) but still today I didnt get any acknowledgement letter or visa and I paid fee by postal order, so I cannt understand whether Home Office got my application? I called home office they didnt give me any info and just said wait.
Can anybody say me what will I do now?

askhan
United Kingdom

RE

Post by askhan » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:24 pm

Just wait and pray. its normal sometimes they dont send the ack.letter.

amit_mahay

Post by amit_mahay » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:08 pm

to be honest with you i would have been really worried about it too if i was you but there is nothing you can do about it. sometimes you receive your visa straight away with even receiving your ack letter but in most of the cases you do receive your ack letter within two week of sending yoyr application. the only problem is that HO wont give you any information if you call them within 13 weeks of your application. all you can do is wait and watch and pray.

vbmathew
Newly Registered

Post by vbmathew » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:17 pm

hi guys,
same here...i applied for psw on the 20th october and it reached on 21st oct...but till now (its been 11 days) and i havent received any ack. letter. is there any way to check if my visa in under process or something of that sort???
im gettin really worried now..

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:26 am

HO are taking awhile in issuing a COA. As long as you sent your documents via recorded delivery, you dont need to worry about anything. However if you want , you can call the HO and request them to send/re-send you the COA.

vbmathew wrote:hi guys,
same here...i applied for psw on the 20th october and it reached on 21st oct...but till now (its been 11 days) and i havent received any ack. letter. is there any way to check if my visa in under process or something of that sort???
im gettin really worried now..

vbmathew
Newly Registered

Post by vbmathew » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:14 pm

hi bobobo..thnx for the reply....however can u pls direct me how to call the HO, is it the contact no given on the uk border agency site?

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:58 am

try this numbre: 0870 606 7766 also please note that there are some issues with the phone services so you might not be able to get through:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... tre-phones

vbmathew
Newly Registered

Post by vbmathew » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:06 pm

thnk u so much!!!! but luckily today i jus received my ack. letter after 2 weeks of application....!!!!
thnk u so much!!