ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Long Residence - Travel Dates not Clear

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stha

ILR Long Residence - Travel Dates not Clear

Post by stha » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:49 pm

I’m about to apply for ILR long residence 10years, however, I have recently found that the travel dates on passport are not clear. I first arrived in UK on 19th Sept 2000 and living continuously since then. I was on student for 6 years, WP 1 year and 3 years on HSMP/Tier 1. I have noticed the following in my passport;
1- In Jan 2003, I was out for holidays for 23 days. There is an arrival and departure stamp on my passport at holiday country’s port of entry and exit. However, I don’t find any stamp which shows the date I have entered to U.K. after my break. On this occasion, I arrived at Birmingham International airport. I don’t know why the immigration officer didn’t stamp my passport. Is this going to be problem for ILR application? As there is no proof that I have entered UK after my holidays.
2- When I was out for holidays in Nov 2004, the arrival stamp on my passport at the destination county is not clear. The only thing that is readable on the stamp is year (i.e. 2004) rest of the stamp looks like colour spots in a circle. However, the stamp at the port of entry to UK is clear and says 16th Jan 2005.

My concern is that does home office have any other of source of confirming my travel dates other than Passport.

I only other evidence I can prove to these people that I was in the country other the above specified dates are the bank statements which show all my transaction and pay etc.

Or shall I just apply and leave the rest for the case handler?

Could any one please suggest me, what should I do?

Your help is most appreciated.

Stha

stha

Post by stha » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:13 am

Hi,

Could any one please reply to my post above? this would be really help full.

Many thanks

Stha

bilalsco
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Long Residence - Travel Dates not Clear

Post by bilalsco » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:28 pm

stha wrote:I’m about to apply for ILR long residence 10years, however, I have recently found that the travel dates on passport are not clear. I first arrived in UK on 19th Sept 2000 and living continuously since then. I was on student for 6 years, WP 1 year and 3 years on HSMP/Tier 1. I have noticed the following in my passport;
1- In Jan 2003, I was out for holidays for 23 days. There is an arrival and departure stamp on my passport at holiday country’s port of entry and exit. However, I don’t find any stamp which shows the date I have entered to U.K. after my break. On this occasion, I arrived at Birmingham International airport. I don’t know why the immigration officer didn’t stamp my passport. Is this going to be problem for ILR application? As there is no proof that I have entered UK after my holidays.
2- When I was out for holidays in Nov 2004, the arrival stamp on my passport at the destination county is not clear. The only thing that is readable on the stamp is year (i.e. 2004) rest of the stamp looks like colour spots in a circle. However, the stamp at the port of entry to UK is clear and says 16th Jan 2005.

My concern is that does home office have any other of source of confirming my travel dates other than Passport.

I only other evidence I can prove to these people that I was in the country other the above specified dates are the bank statements which show all my transaction and pay etc.

Or shall I just apply and leave the rest for the case handler?

Could any one please suggest me, what should I do?

Your help is most appreciated.

Stha
I had a similar problem like yours. What I did was to get bank statements confirming I was actively taking transactions in the UK during those times. Banks usually keep transaction records as far as 2002. So you should use that, it will work for you.