ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(IED) with new baby

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mundaGunda
Newly Registered

FLR(IED) with new baby

Post by mundaGunda » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:34 am

Hello Everybody!

I'm in UK on HSMP with my wife for initial period of 12 months. We recently joined by a new born. I've to apply for FLR(IED).

1): Do I apply for baby on FLR(IED) and he will straight away get 3 years extension?

OR

2): Do I first apply for FLR(O) to get babay passport stamped and then apply for FLR(IED)?

Really appreciate any help

Rgds,
Ghunda

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:30 am

Hi, how long to go before you need to apply for your HSMP extension? And is any international travel, with the baby, planned before then?
John

mundaGunda
Newly Registered

Post by mundaGunda » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:51 pm

Hi John!

I got visa till 16-06-06. 2 months are 16th of April but as it will be easter break, so I'm thinking of applying by 11th of April.

In btw no travel plans shortly.

Rgds,
Ghunda

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:04 pm

Have you got the child a passport yet? If not you certainly need to do that, otherwise of course nothing to put the child's visa into.

I think you include the child's details in Q34 on the form FLR(IED). And note you will need to enclose :-
A full birth certificate (i.e. one that shows the parents’ name) for each dependant child whom you are applying for an extension of stay in the UK with you.
John

mundaGunda
Newly Registered

Post by mundaGunda » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:46 pm

john!

I got baby's passport. This is what I think that I put child details on form as required. I'm applying next week,fingers crossed.

cheers mate

Rgds,
Ghunda

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:03 pm

Technically and pursuant to the immigration rules you should:

1. First get the child a dependent HSMP visa using Form FLR(O) for the balance of your 12 month visa then;

2. Include the child as a dependent in your FLR(IED) application.

Understandably given the short timeline to HSMP renewal and the dual hefty fees that would be involved, I expect the Home Office by way of concession to grant the child a visa at FLR(IED) stage in line with you even if you don't get his/her FLOR(O) part done prior.

Congratulations and good luck.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:06 am

Kayalami, I think that is the right way to proceed. At the very least the thinking goes like this :-
  • It will cost nothing extra to add the child to the FLR(IED) form. If the child gets their visa then that visa has cost nothing.
  • If they decline to issue the child's visa on the FLR(IED) route then it will then be necessary to apply for the visa separately, which will cost £335.
The point is that if an application is made for the child's visa before the FLR(IED) application, then it will definitely cost £335. Whereas putting the child on to the FLR(IED) first at least gives a chance of avoiding that expenditure.
John

mundaGunda
Newly Registered

Post by mundaGunda » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:11 pm

Agree with you John!

I should go with point 1 i.e. first apply child with FLR(IED) and see what happens. Only fear is, that they might reject all 3 applications and I've to go through whole process again and paying another 335 quids.

If I apply for my child using FLR(O) and they give him 12 months visa , that leads to that after one year I again've to pay 335 pounds and that doesn't makes any sense.

In btw, this clause doesn't make any sense, if a child is born in UK, he shud get nationality CUZ we are bound to make UK as our home country and at top of it, you can't leave UK for more than 28 days in a row that shows that they are keen to keep us here. Now, point is, a child is born, I'm paying all taxes and contributions but my child doesn't have equal rights. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Anyways I'll call them to clarify before applying.

cheers

Gunda

mundaGunda
Newly Registered

Post by mundaGunda » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:44 pm

Hello everybody!

I got 4 years visa extension. Posting my processing times

Application form sent 11-04-06
Fee deducted 12-04-06
Passports back 21-04-06

Documents I sent

Complete FLR(IED) Form
Slary slips and P45s
Bank account internet printout
Child birth certificate
Marriage certificate
Me,my wife and new born Pakistani passport

that's it.... just want to say thnx to everybody who advised

Rgds,
Gunda

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:47 pm

Gunda, congratulations.

As regards the child, they issued the child with a visa OK? That is, all three of you have now got new visas?
John

mundaGunda
Newly Registered

Post by mundaGunda » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:52 pm

Ya John!

Me,my wife and new born got 4 years Residence visa, saying Limited Live to Remain ofcourse with no recourse to public funds ;).

Rgds,
Gunda

angel1241

Post by angel1241 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:23 pm

WHat form are P45s ?