ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAF1B visa help to allow family to visit me in the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jayuk2006
Newly Registered

Post by jayuk2006 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:15 am

Hi

I am an Indian national with a EEA residence card valid till Oct 2012, my wife is an EEA national. My family which includes mother, father, sister and two aunties would like to visit us for the first time in the UK. I will only arrange their accommodation and they will pay for the ticket and their expenses while in UK.

Firstly I would like to if my family can still apply for an EEA family permit via my wife exercising her EEA rights?

Secondly, if the first option is not possible, than essentially my family would have to apply for a family visit visa. In this case I would like to know, if there is a limited on a number of people I can invite on a family permit?

Third, roughly how much money does my father has to show in their account in order to support five people's stay in UK for 10days?

Fourth, how much money I would have to show, bearing in mind I am only arranging their accommodation?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

HRY2005
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: VAF1B visa help to allow family to visit me in the UK

Post by HRY2005 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:17 pm

jayuk2006 wrote:mother, father, sister and two aunties.
Are you inviting them over to attend a function?

EEA Family Permit? I think NO

Family Visit? Yes
Live and let live

jayuk2006
Newly Registered

Re: VAF1B visa help to allow family to visit me in the UK

Post by jayuk2006 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:52 am

HRY2005 wrote:
jayuk2006 wrote:mother, father, sister and two aunties.
Are you inviting them over to attend a function?

EEA Family Permit? I think NO

Family Visit? Yes

Thanks for your effort to atleast move this query forward.

As they have not seen us in last two years, they would like to come to UK to celebrate diwali with us.

HRY2005
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by HRY2005 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:42 pm

Well, I dont think it's wrong neither do I think there's a limit to the number of people you can invite at the same time.

Having said that, inviting 5 family members over to celebrate ''diwali'' (I dont know what that is) as you have mentioned would leave both you and the applicants a massive job of satisfying the accomodation and maintenance test/requirement.

Good luck mate.
Live and let live

jayuk2006
Newly Registered

Post by jayuk2006 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:10 pm

Diwali is a religious festival celeberated by hindus and is popularly know as festival of lights.

I am fully aware that people struggle at times to bring their parents over here and I am on my way to bring the whole family to visit UK.

I would like to know roughly how much money my father needs to show in order to show satisfy the visa counseller that it will be enough for thier 10 day stay? I mean where the visa office gets the information that an average person visit UK should have this much money in their account to spend.

As to me, if I arrange the accomodation for my family for 10 days than will £1500 be enough to show as my savings?

Please let me know

Many thanks

Gols
Newly Registered

Post by Gols » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:07 pm

Hi , i m on the same page, have u done with visa?
I think u do not need to show any amt in ur bank only u ant to give

VISA and passport copy
Invitation latter
Council tax receipt for accommodation

this is what i m going to do as my sister in law showing all her expenses on her own..pls let me know if any thing else is required?

have ur family got thier VISa?

jayuk2006
Newly Registered

Post by jayuk2006 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:24 pm

I have not stopped the process, it is going on with full speed. I have send the following documents:

VISA Copy
Passport copy
Landline bill
Current account statement
Savings account statement
P60 slip
Last 6 months payslip
Driving license copy

This I am sure is enough for them to satisfy all their requirements. I am still unsure about the money but its not a problem as I have started saving. The only thing I need to know is how much money do my father needs to show in India.

Cheers

Gols
Newly Registered

Post by Gols » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:35 pm

HI,

any profress regarding Visa?
I have a good news to share with u, got the Visa of my sister and sister in law in 6 working days only..only submitted docs i mentioned earlier.

Thanks.

jayuk2006
Newly Registered

Post by jayuk2006 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:46 pm

Excellent, that is brilliant.

Booked visa appointment for 1st Nov, lets see how it goes.

It would nice to know how much did your sis and sis in law showed in their account as an amount they would like to spend on their visit?

Thanks

jayuk2006
Newly Registered

***** VISA ISSUED ******

Post by jayuk2006 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:03 am

After few months of running around and filling an appeal I have now secured visit visa for my 5 family members to come and visit me in the UK at the same time.

Thanks to people here for their useful advice, if not than at least a supportive thought.

diago_nelson

Re: ***** VISA ISSUED ******

Post by diago_nelson » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:59 pm

Can you please advise, how much money approx did your father show in his a/c in India ?
And what other proofs did you father submit to show that he has strong ties in the home country?
jayuk2006 wrote:After few months of running around and filling an appeal I have now secured visit visa for my 5 family members to come and visit me in the UK at the same time.

Thanks to people here for their useful advice, if not than at least a supportive thought.