ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certified copy....

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Buzz

Certified copy....

Post by Buzz » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:34 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm applying for eea family permit, would the british embassy accept certified copy of my eea spouse passport.

Guerro
Member of Standing

Re: Certified copy....

Post by Guerro » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:10 pm

Buzz wrote:Hi everyone,
I'm applying for eea family permit, would the british embassy accept certified copy of my eea spouse passport.
I applied with a normal photocopy of my wife's passport, not certified, and it took 3 months for the family permit to be issued

abraCadabra

Post by abraCadabra » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:36 am

Buzz wrote:Hi everyone,
I think it said somewhere in the guidance, that the copy must be certified... In UK it costs 5 pounds at post office.

abraCadabra

Post by abraCadabra » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:37 am

Guerro wrote: I applied with a normal photocopy of my wife's passport, not certified, and it took 3 months for the family permit to be issued
3 months for EEA FP??? In what country was it?

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:34 am

abraCadabra wrote:
Guerro wrote: I applied with a normal photocopy of my wife's passport, not certified, and it took 3 months for the family permit to be issued
3 months for EEA FP??? In what country was it?
Egypt!
Talking about certified copies of documents, on the ukba website they say they MAY accept a certified copy by the issuing body or a public notary. Do they really accept photocopies authenticated by a public notary or they can refuse it still?
Is the certified copy at the post office authenticated by a public notary or by whom?