ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cover Letter - Letter head paper or Plain sheet?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

keem
Newly Registered

Cover Letter - Letter head paper or Plain sheet?

Post by keem » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:23 am

Hello all,
Please, i need to know whether its mandatory for a cover letter to be on current employer letter head paper for purpose of HSMP application or it could also be on a plain sheet? Considering the current processing times in HomeOffice, what precise/average time does it take to conclude processing and making a decision upon receipt of application by the case worker given recent experience by those who have recently applied.
Keem

Dr-Java

Post by Dr-Java » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:24 pm

Hi,

whether its mandatory for a cover letter to be on current employer letter head paper for purpose of HSMP applicationor it could also be on a plain sheet?

>> Yes it should be on current employer letter head and should stamped and signed otherwise this docuemnt would be considered fake.

what precise/average time does it take to conclude processing and making a decision upon receipt of application by the case worker given recent experience by those who have recently applied.

>> You can check the website for this concern: www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/

Thanx

Dr. Java

titan_indiglo
Newly Registered

Post by titan_indiglo » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:38 pm

if the present employer not willing to provide the ref , then what to do to tackle this ..

quite eager

Post by quite eager » Sun May 14, 2006 2:16 pm

I believe cover letter is a sort of personal paper which one writes to facilitate and guide the caseworker about the application package .

Why should it be on the employers letterhead??

Any comments??

QE
Quite Eager

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Wed May 17, 2006 7:59 pm

I think there is a bit of confusion between cover letter and work experience letter/employer reference. The employer reference MUST be on a letterhead and MUST be signed by the employer. The original copy must be submitted.

The cover letter is not mentioned in the guides, but I think it should be submitted as an overview to your application. It makes the application look professional. I don't see any reason why this can't be on normal paper.