ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Dependent Visa ( urgent)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amit_cris
Newly Registered

Tier1 Dependent Visa ( urgent)

Post by amit_cris » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:42 pm

Hi,

I recently moved to UK on tier1 visa ( stamped in Aug 2009) , i want to get my my wife and 1 year old child here in UK.

Can i apply simple dependent visa ( NOT Tier1 Visa) to avoid high Tier1 Visa fees as my wife will not be working while in UK , or can i get them in UK on Tourist Visa ?.

Any valuable comments shall be much appreciated.

Regards
Amit

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:11 am

The only "simple" dependent visa that your spouse and child may apply for is the Tier 1 dependent visa.

As for visit visa, search the forum and you'll find some posts where it is reported that such (visit visa) applications by dependents of Tier 1 migrants have been refused.

regards

amit_cris
Newly Registered

Post by amit_cris » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:11 pm

Is there any authentic information available, any link etc.. which can confirm this, as it seems rediculous specially if my wife need to visit me for few months and my child is 1 year old and i need to 55K as fees for each of them , just because i have Tier1 Visa.

Any body have more informaion ?

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:41 pm

amit_cris wrote:Is there any authentic information available, any link etc.. which can confirm this, as it seems rediculous specially if my wife need to visit me for few months and my child is 1 year old and i need to 55K as fees for each of them , just because i have Tier1 Visa.

Any body have more informaion ?
Well, you can apply visitor visa for your spouse and child - which would be far cheaper but at the same time it carries the risk of being rejected.

There have been few experiences mentioned in the past in the forum about this. If you intend to apply visitor visa for your wife you need to prepare a really strong case about conditions which would satisfy ECO that your spouse and child won't stay with you in UK beyond granted 6 months and would return back to India.