ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complication on ILR application via Tier 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dancerJWKS
Newly Registered

Complication on ILR application via Tier 2

Post by dancerJWKS » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:51 pm

Hi all

I am on a Tier 2 visa and I have an ILR in-person appointment booked on 18th Oct.

Due to some reasons at work, I have resigned. My boss suggested me not to formal resign at the beginning so HR can still assist with my ILR application.

However now my boss said the company needs to notify immigration immediately that I am leaving the firm. I have 3 months notice to serve if I really resign, a formal resignation is not submitted and on record.

I would like to ask even if I get my current employment record saying that I am still at work as permanent staff, if the letter indicates that I am leaving till 31st Dec 2010. Would I be very likely rejected by UKBA on my ILR?

I am frustrated. I told my boss re my resignation on good faith, I could have just told him that after my appointment on 18th Oct.

Would really appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

dancerJWKS

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:03 am

Resigning before being granted ILR may not be a good idea:
245ZH. Requirements for indefinite leave to remain wrote:(c) The Sponsor that issued the Certificate of Sponsorship that led to the applicant's last grant of leave must certify in writing that he still requires the applicant for employment.
[url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/IDIs/idichapter6a/section2/section2.pdf]Section 2 - Settlement - tier 2 and tier 5 of the points-based system[/url] > 3. CONDITIONS FOR INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN AS A TIER 2 MIGRANT wrote:(iii) The sponsor, who issued the Certificate of Sponsorship for the applicant's last grant of leave, must certify that the applicant is still required for employment by them. This must be a letter on company headed paper signed by a senior official, or a further Certificate of Sponsorship in respect of the applicant that would result in the applicant obtaining the necessary points as specified in Appendix A of the Immigration Rules.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dancerJWKS
Newly Registered

Post by dancerJWKS » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:48 pm

thanks for your reply.

it's sorted. I am going to apply a Tier 1 instead in which I am confident and I have got enough points for the application.

Just wonder, does the employer need to inform the immigration immediately when they know that I am resigning?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:25 pm

dancerJWKS wrote:does the employer need to inform the immigration immediately when they know that I am resigning?
See Sponsor duties.

regards

dancerJWKS
Newly Registered

Post by dancerJWKS » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:26 pm

so once I get my Tier 1 visa, let's say after half year, will I be eligible for applying ILR?

i.e. work permit (4.5 years) + Tier 2 (2 months) + Tier 1 (6 months) together for more than 5 years?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:28 pm

Eligible as and when you complete 5 years. e.g. - WP (4.5 years / 54 months) + Tier 2 (2 months) + Tier 1 (4 months) = 60 months!

regards

dancerJWKS
Newly Registered

Post by dancerJWKS » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi

I am not meaning to apply for the ILR. I am just wondering as I am staying at the firm till end of this year, and my original ILR appointment was scheduled on 18th October. My employer still needs me till end of this year, wouldn't it be sufficient/adequate for the continue employment point?

sorry for keep coming up so many questions.

dancerJWKS

nksg

Post by nksg » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:53 pm

Better check with your employer, if they are happy to give you a letter stating that you are permanent employee and has been in the company for last 5 years and your services will be required after you get ILR should be help...
dancerJWKS wrote:Hi

I am not meaning to apply for the ILR. I am just wondering as I am staying at the firm till end of this year, and my original ILR appointment was scheduled on 18th October. My employer still needs me till end of this year, wouldn't it be sufficient/adequate for the continue employment point?

sorry for keep coming up so many questions.

dancerJWKS

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:48 pm

dancerJWKS wrote:My employer still needs me till end of this year, wouldn't it be sufficient/adequate for the continue employment point?
Yes, if the employer agrees not to mention an end date to your employment in the letter.

regards