ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work in US for 6 months

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

talktome

Work in US for 6 months

Post by talktome » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:48 am

Hi there ,

I am currently slated for work in US for 6 months, can anyone advise me on what kind of visa I should apply for ? Is it a business visa that i should be applying of for? Ill be working for the same company there as I am working here.

Thanks

sonal

Post by sonal » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:37 pm

What citizenship?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:35 pm

Only US citizens and lawful permanent residents (GC holders) may work in the US without employment authorization. Everyone else needs such. Depending on the nature of intended work and crucially where you will be paid and whether this is deemed 'employment' under US immigration laws then you may have to obtain a distinct visa ranging from H1B to L1A/B etc - there is not enough information from the original post to clarify the way forward. Don't turn up at the Port of Entry as things stand - you will only get sent back home on the day and worse be placed under expedited removal proceedings with a 5 year ban from US soil. BTW why isn't our 'company' helping you out with this on the presumption they have a history of sending their employees to the US?

sonal

Post by sonal » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:24 pm

On business visa you are not supposed to stay in USA for continuous six months so i guess you will have to apply for work visa

talktome

Post by talktome » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:37 am

my employer is filing an L1 for me , I guess that should work
I have another query on this , I have an indian passport but working in UK for the UK office , does that mean I have to go back to India to get my visa stamped?

Thanks

talktome

Post by talktome » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:02 am

I have another query do I have to send my passport while applying for the L1 or I only require it once I get my application back and go for stamping to the consulate