ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please provide your input on UK Tier1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

evrr
Newly Registered

please provide your input on UK Tier1 extension

Post by evrr » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:50 am

Hi,

I got my visa UK Tier1 visa in 2009 April and it is valid till 2012 April. I have not travelled to UK so far. As per the new rule my visa is still valid and I can travel with that now. The question that I have is, when I go for extension in 2012 is it mandatory that I should already be working in UK atleast for one year, otherwise it will be rejected? Please let me know.

Regards
evrr

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: please provide your input on UK Tier1 extension

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:13 am

evrr wrote:Hi,

I got my visa UK Tier1 visa in 2009 April and it is valid till 2012 April. I have not travelled to UK so far. As per the new rule my visa is still valid and I can travel with that now. The question that I have is, when I go for extension in 2012 is it mandatory that I should already be working in UK atleast for one year, otherwise it will be rejected? Please let me know.

Regards
evrr
As of now there is no rule that you should be in UK for one year before you apply for extension as long as you get enough points to qualify for an extension.

ramesh1

Share Trading

Post by ramesh1 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:10 am

aruni can you pls shed some light that if i do share trading in uk and earn money can i show that as self-employment for my tier-1 ext as currently i am working/living in uk under tier-1 but running 5 points short in my earning points for my ext which i am planning to cover it by self-employment mode (share trading in UK FTSE100).

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Share Trading

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:57 am

ramesh1 wrote:aruni can you pls shed some light that if i do share trading in uk and earn money can i show that as self-employment for my tier-1 ext as currently i am working/living in uk under tier-1 but running 5 points short in my earning points for my ext which i am planning to cover it by self-employment mode (share trading in UK FTSE100).
I think you can only use the earnings from share trading only if that is your main occupation. But, wait for others to reply.

ramesh1

Post by ramesh1 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:12 pm

tx aruni but i am an IT Consultant and my share trading is not my profession. But this is a kind of self-employment and i do daily trade.
So guys pls help me out here if i can show this for my earning points to cover up the 5 point shortage.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:35 pm

ramesh1 wrote:share trading is not my profession
Are you registered with HMRC to carry out this "self employment"? If not, then no!

regards

ramesh1

Post by ramesh1 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:38 am

ok then i need to register with HRMC and create my own company and convey as that i am doing this trading as a part-time self-employment. I will do that if that is what going to work ...sushdmehta?