ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IS OVERTIME CONSIDERED FOR AWARDING POINTS ON EARNINGS?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolguycp1

IS OVERTIME CONSIDERED FOR AWARDING POINTS ON EARNINGS?

Post by coolguycp1 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:55 pm

My friend is considering switching from Tier 2 to Tier 1. He meets all the categories in the PBS but he falls short by 5 points in the earnings band on the basis of his gross salary without any overtime. However, if he adds his overtime to the gross salary (which anyway gets added into his monthly payslips), he moves into the next band and can claim for those extra 5 points.

Can seniors please advise if overtime is considered when calculating the gross salary by HO?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: IS OVERTIME CONSIDERED FOR AWARDING POINTS ON EARNINGS?

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:11 pm

coolguycp1 wrote:My friend is considering switching from Tier 2 to Tier 1. He meets all the categories in the PBS but he falls short by 5 points in the earnings band on the basis of his gross salary without any overtime. However, if he adds his overtime to the gross salary (which anyway gets added into his monthly payslips), he moves into the next band and can claim for those extra 5 points.

Can seniors please advise if overtime is considered when calculating the gross salary by HO?
Actual earnings are taken into account when calculating points for previous earnings. So, you can calculate your points by including your overtime!!

coolguycp1

Post by coolguycp1 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Thanks Aruni.

Another point, my friend has got bonus from his client in Aug 10 for about £2K gross for his work with them for the year 2009-10. However, the entry on his Aug 10 payslip mentions the amount as 'Customer Bonus' with no mention of the year for which this was due.

As my friend will show his pervious earnings for Mar 2010 - Feb 2011, can he count this bonus as part of his earnings for the period of Mar 2010 - Feb 2011?

How would the HO know otherwise that the bonus is for work done in 2009-10?

coolguycp1

Post by coolguycp1 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:28 am

Can seniors please reply to my query?

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:35 pm

I think he can include the bonus as it was credited into his account during the 12 month period and is corroborated by his payslips.