ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Student visa onto Tier 1 Dependant visa inside UK.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sijin
Newly Registered

Switching Student visa onto Tier 1 Dependant visa inside UK.

Post by sijin » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi All,

I had been on Student Dependant visa for the last 4 years and recently have switched on to Tier 1 visa. I got the entry clearance from India and arrived back in UK. Now, I would like to switch my wife's visa status from Student to Tier 1 Dependant.

From different sources I have got different information, they being -

1. As your wife is in UK itself and you were her dependant before you got your Tier 1, your wife can switch on to your dependant visa without leaving the country.

2. As you have obtained your entry clearance from India, your wife too needs to obtain the same and therefore needs to go back to India.

Could anyone please let me know which one is true and whether it is possible to switch the visa from within the country itself.

Many thanks.

Sijin.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Switching Student visa onto Tier 1 Dependant visa inside

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:31 pm

sijin wrote:I would like to switch my wife's visa status from Student to Tier 1 Dependant.
Switching (in-country application for change) not possible. An application for EC as Tier 1 dependent must be made from outside UK (home country).

regards

sijin
Newly Registered

Re: Switching Student visa onto Tier 1 Dependant visa inside

Post by sijin » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Many thanks sush..