ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa submitted - extra info requested by eco

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DANUBE

Spouse visa submitted - extra info requested by eco

Post by DANUBE » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:11 pm

Hi All

I have recently submitted the settlement visa for my husband but the eco has asked for me to bring further info on the interview date. Here's the situation so far

1. The have asked for my p60. I already submitted my recent original p60 & payslips so it looks like the p60 has been misplaced at the embassy.
My employer has advised me it is not possible to provide a duplicate copy of my p60 therefore he has wrriten my an end of year tax statement on company letter head - will this be ok if I also write a covering letter stating that my originaol p60 was submitted and I cannot get another one ?

2. More evidence of the relationship.......maybe this is standard proceedure to ask for more evidence ? We have already submitted 70 photos of us together, a statement from my mum, itemised telephone bills, marriage certificate and so on. I have a couple more photos of us together which i will submitt and a certified copy of the stamp in my passport from when i visited my husband

Anyone had a similar experience ???

Many Thanks

Danube

DANUBE

Post by DANUBE » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:34 pm

Just a thought - is it possible that I can call the embassy and ask to speak to the eco dealing with the case to see if they will double check the documents for the p60 i DID submit?

Can anyone advise on my posts, I really need some help - would be greatly appreciated.

kcharlie
Newly Registered

Post by kcharlie » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:33 pm

Hi,
we also had a requset from the eco in albania for more evidence of relationship even though we had already submitted hundreds of photos, emails, phone cards, itemised phone bills, letters of support from friends and family, birthday cards, wedding cards etc etc the list goes on! we had nothing else to hand in other than a few more emails which my husband took with him to the interview. they didnt even look at them or ask again for anything else one he was in the interview.
i never had my original p60 so my employer sent me out a duplicate which i sent in with our bundle, they never said anything about it so im sure it was fine.
have you got a date yet for the interview?
charlotte

DANUBE

Post by DANUBE » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:13 am

Hi Charlotte

Thank you for the reply.

The evidence we handed in of our relationship was very similar to your's yet they still want more proof ! I am getting a copy of my p60's from my employer and a certified copy of the entry into albania stamp from my passport e.t.c

How is your appeal going ? I read your last post stating that the embassy gave all of your docs back after refusal - have you got to the bottom of why they did this ?

Have you appointed legal representation or are you representing yourself ?

Maybe it's just me but it seems from the posts I have read that eco's are becoming tougher particulary on the not believing a marriage is subsisting and the 'signifincantly frustrating immigration rules' as these seem to be the most common refusal reasons recently.

my best wishes go out to you

Danube

DANUBE

section 320 11 - can anyone explain please

Post by DANUBE » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:12 am

Hi All

I'm wondering if someone can assist me with my confusion on the 320 11 rule

Ok so.................

320 11 - refusals come under:

immigration offenders or in breach of UK immigration or other law; and / or
received services or support to which they were not entitled;

However, ukba website also says it is not ok to refuse someone purely based on the above as there must be aggravating circumstances aswell ie absconding, using nhs services etc etc

My husband - who is attending his interview next week had entered illegally and worked here while illegal. He never used fake id and did not gain employment by deception as he worked for his cousin. Therefore, am I correct in thinking that he should not be refused under this rule as there are no aggravating circumstances. Illegal entry and using services not entitled to (working) come under 320 para 1 & 2 only which are not sufficient enough for refusal alone. My husband has not done anything on the list for aggravating circumstances.

Or maybe i've got it all wrong (highly likely)? Help, please, I'm out of my depth !

DANUBE

Post by DANUBE » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Please, can anyone help ? I've tried to understand the rule myself but I need some guidance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:14 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.