ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Council Tax liability order ( Please Help!)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shoe09
Newly Registered

Council Tax liability order ( Please Help!)

Post by shoe09 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:20 pm

My friend has just received a liability order from the council for the non payment of council tax.

He was out of job for sometime and struggled with his finances, he just got a job but during the months of his unemployment. He missed three months council tax payment.

He received a letter from the council last week notifying him of liability order granted by a magistrate court. After receiving the letter he called the council to make arrangement for the payment which they agreed to. He will be paying £40 par months on top of his normal payment for the next 10months to clear the back log.

Will this affect his ILR application? Did he need to declare it on his application as well?

Thanks

jonnyb
Newly Registered

Post by jonnyb » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:58 pm

Your friend needn't worry – a liability order is not a civil judgment and he won't need to declare it. I had a similar order as well before I had ILR. I got things sorted out with the council, and it doesn't affect ILR applications.