ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP!!! HSBC will not stamp my Bank Statements for Tier 1 G!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

d1o

HELP!!! HSBC will not stamp my Bank Statements for Tier 1 G!

Post by d1o » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:14 pm

I really need all the advice I can get now as I am about to go crazy.

Been preparing myself for my tier 1 visa application as my PSW is nearly runout. I have nearly every thing sorted but got the shock of my life today when I rang HSBC to order my up to date statement with my latest salary and stuff only to be told that as my account is the type that receives statements quarterly, they are unable to issue me an up to date statement in the post as this will be automatically generated in October (when my visa would have expired). The last one was in July.

I have gone into the branches to request that they print these off on their headed paper, stamp and sign, and they've all told me that all they can do is print on headed paper (which they have done) BUT THEY REFUSE TO STAMP AND SIGN, saying they are no longer allowed to do that.

This last minute shock is literally killing me as I have my appointment at the Sheffield PEO early in September. I am completely shocked as I do not know what to do or where to go or even how to start.

Any ideas from any one?
Last edited by d1o on Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:17 pm

Speak to a manager and explain the situation. Be firm on your requirement and you might have to try a few branches.

Also, try calling the cust services once again.

d1o

Post by d1o » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:39 pm

many thanks aruni. Will keep trying. It's just such an intense last minute shock.

According to the UKBA website,

"What the bank statements must show

Bank statements you send must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that you are claiming. If you wish to send electronic bank statements from an online account you should also send a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively, electronic bank statements with the official stamp of the bank that issued the statements will be accepted. The stamp must appear on every page of the statement."

Now I wonder if the letter-headed paper that the HSBC branches have used to print these statements qualify as "official bank stationery" and whether that negates the need for a stamp and signature?

shawinam

Post by shawinam » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:47 pm

if you live in london please try hsbc branch at Tottenham court road. All the staff in this branch are very helpful and specialy the Indian lady,i can't remember her name.have a try. Best of luck.

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:54 pm

i know its tough 2 get this done...i have also managed to get it stamp from hounslow branch for my visa...try at different branch....better u personally go 2 branch and check that with cashier...dont call customer service as they wont be much interested as they are on the phone anyway...

t1g2010
Newly Registered

Post by t1g2010 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:07 pm

d1o wrote:many thanks aruni. Will keep trying. It's just such an intense last minute shock.

According to the UKBA website,

"What the bank statements must show

Bank statements you send must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that you are claiming. If you wish to send electronic bank statements from an online account you should also send a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively, electronic bank statements with the official stamp of the bank that issued the statements will be accepted. The stamp must appear on every page of the statement."

Now I wonder if the letter-headed paper that the HSBC branches have used to print these statements qualify as "official bank stationery" and whether that negates the need for a stamp and signature?
pls make sure this statement printed on letterhead has your name on it. sometimes, it only contains the account number.

d1o

Post by d1o » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:47 pm

aruni4470 wrote:Speak to a manager and explain the situation. Be firm on your requirement and you might have to try a few branches.

I have been out all day to all branches open on Saturday in my area but it is the same old story(have been to 5 branches in total). They all say that the stamps were taken away from them and HSBC now has a policy of not stamping anything. One of the branch Managers was kind enough to sign just the first page.

They also all claim that since they have printed it on coloured letterheaded paper, that it should satisfy my/UKBA's requirement. Does anyone know if this is true? They insist that they get these queries all the time and that customer's never come back to complain after getting these on headed paper, meaning that UKBA accepts them. Has anyone applied with bank statements printed inside the branch on letter headed A4 paper with bank logo, customer name, account number, but no customer address, no signature and no stamp been successful?

They have also advised me to send these branch copies (latest transactions and last 2 months salary) with the older ones that arrived in post so the UKBA can see that it is indded the same account.

Can anyone please tell me if the bank logo on the paper negates the need for a stamp.

Sorry if i am running around in circles here. I am actually freaking out now. Its last minute disaster for me.

d1o

Post by d1o » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:00 pm

further more guys, while searching through the net, I have found this from the Bournemouth uni website as advise for thier students regarding HSBC statements and UKBA. Is this true? Please see Question and Answer number 5.

http://studentportal.bournemouth.ac.uk/ ... 1-faqs.pdf

renzokuken

Post by renzokuken » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:40 pm

I guess you have a HSBC Basic Account, they really make things difficult for people with this type of account. Your best bet is to ask them to upgrade your account to HSBC Standard Account (if your credit record is good), if that failed, ask them to upgrade to HSBC Advance (there is monthly fee for this). With Standard/Advance account, you should be able to get them send the latest statement by post.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:41 pm

d1o wrote:further more guys, while searching through the net, I have found this from the Bournemouth uni website as advise for thier students regarding HSBC statements and UKBA. Is this true? Please see Question and Answer number 5.

I think that if the bank prints them with their logo on top, on their own paper, this clearly qualifies as "being printed on bank's stationary". Stamps and signatures are only required for electronic statements, which in your situation doesn't seem to be the case.

t1g2010
Newly Registered

Post by t1g2010 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:54 pm

d1o wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:Speak to a manager and explain the situation. Be firm on your requirement and you might have to try a few branches.

I have been out all day to all branches open on Saturday in my area but it is the same old story(have been to 5 branches in total). They all say that the stamps were taken away from them and HSBC now has a policy of not stamping anything. One of the branch Managers was kind enough to sign just the first page.

They also all claim that since they have printed it on coloured letterheaded paper, that it should satisfy my/UKBA's requirement. Does anyone know if this is true? They insist that they get these queries all the time and that customer's never come back to complain after getting these on headed paper, meaning that UKBA accepts them. Has anyone applied with bank statements printed inside the branch on letter headed A4 paper with bank logo, customer name, account number, but no customer address, no signature and no stamp been successful?

They have also advised me to send these branch copies (latest transactions and last 2 months salary) with the older ones that arrived in post so the UKBA can see that it is indded the same account.

Can anyone please tell me if the bank logo on the paper negates the need for a stamp.

Sorry if i am running around in circles here. I am actually freaking out now. Its last minute disaster for me.
I can confirm I have had the same experience. It is not HSBC or the type of the account. I have been to three NatWest brances to get my statements stamped, but to no avail. I have been told the same thing that the NatWest banks do not stamp statements any more. My account is advantage gold account, so it wont really help to upgrade your account. NatWest branch manager also assured me the same thing that UKBA will accept these colored printed statement. I am just not convinced that it will work. Seems like this rule was put in place by all main stream retailer banks not long time ago.

d1o

Post by d1o » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:36 pm

renzokuken wrote:I guess you have a HSBC Basic Account, they really make things difficult for people with this type of account. Your best bet is to ask them to upgrade your account to HSBC Standard Account (if your credit record is good), if that failed, ask them to upgrade to HSBC Advance (there is monthly fee for this). With Standard/Advance account, you should be able to get them send the latest statement by post.
Yes it is a Basic Bank Account and my statements only come quarterly and they are saying they can only send the last quarter's own (which I have already ) and that the next quarter will be genereted in October. My only other option is to print my up to date statement inside the branch and that is where they are refusing to stamp and sign, even though they have printed on thier coloured letter headed paper.

Had a chat with them about upgrading the account and requesting the up to date statements then. One of the lads in one of the branches said the statment that I would get then might be that of the duration of the new acount which would not have my Salary payments in it.

Even if I did, my PEO appointment is on 09 September and my PSW runs out not too long afterwards.

God..and I thought I was prepared, checking up on everything, making sure all was in tact. And now this.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:42 pm

Seems more like a branch specific issue. I have always ordered my duplicate or casual bank statements online and have never faced any problems with HSBC or Santander.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

d1o

Post by d1o » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:47 pm

ukswus wrote:
d1o wrote:further more guys, while searching through the net, I have found this from the Bournemouth uni website as advise for thier students regarding HSBC statements and UKBA. Is this true? Please see Question and Answer number 5.

I think that if the bank prints them with their logo on top, on their own paper, this clearly qualifies as "being printed on bank's stationary". Stamps and signatures are only required for electronic statements, which in your situation doesn't seem to be the case.
Ukswus,
Yes, it is not an online account and for my heart's sake, I really pray you are right. I have looked all over the internet and remember reading something like "Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points)." but not sure where I read that now.

I also know that thier website currently states : "Bank statements you send must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that you are claiming. If you wish to send electronic bank statements from an online account you should also send a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively, electronic bank statements with the official stamp of the bank that issued the statements will be accepted. The stamp must appear on every page of the statement."

The question then becomes "what is the definition of OFFICIAL bank stationery?.

Have read of folks who were successful with these in-branch print outs. But seems they all were lucky to get them stamped and signed and all seem to have been prior to April 2010.

d1o

Post by d1o » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:50 pm

push wrote:Seems more like a branch specific issue. I have always ordered my duplicate or casual bank statements online and have never faced any problems with HSBC or Santander.
@ push,
Thanks for your response. Was your account with HSBC a Basic Bank Account (BBA)?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:00 pm

d1o wrote:I have looked all over the internet and remember reading something like "Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points)." but not sure where I read that now.
Its on page 34, para 215 of the Guidance Notes.
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:03 pm

d1o wrote:
push wrote:Seems more like a branch specific issue. I have always ordered my duplicate or casual bank statements online and have never faced any problems with HSBC or Santander.
@ push,
Thanks for your response. Was your account with HSBC a Basic Bank Account (BBA)?
Yes a HSBC account. I have always ordered statements using the online requests for my Flexsaver accounts. Whilst the statement frequency for my account is monthly, I have been able to get statements for period ending in the middle of the month and for specific funds i.e. from 23Jan 2010 to 17Aug 2010.
regards,
push

d1o

Post by d1o » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:15 pm

push wrote:
d1o wrote:
@ push,
Yes a HSBC account. I have always ordered statements using the online requests for my Flexsaver accounts. Whilst the statement frequency for my account is monthly, I have been able to get statements for period ending in the middle of the month and for specific funds i.e. from 23Jan 2010 to 17Aug 2010.
Dear Push,
Thanks again. They did agree to send me my up to date statement for the Flexisaver account immediately(where my maintenance funds are). My problem is with the Basic Bank Account (BBA) which is where my salaries go.

How did your order statements online? By using the send a message option? As i cannot see any "order statements" or the-like section on the website.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:15 pm

d1o wrote:
push wrote:
d1o wrote:
@ push,
Dear Push,
Thanks again. They did agree to send me my up to date statement for the Flexisaver account immediately(where my maintenance funds are). My problem is with the Basic Bank Account (BBA) which is where my salaries go.

How did your order statements online? By using the send a message option? As i cannot see any "order statements" or the-like section on the website.
Yes by sending message. The guys at the helpline too seem to quite cooperative. If they resist tell them that you would want to escalate the issue and speak to their manager....
regards,
push

dlight
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Similar question

Post by dlight » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:35 am

Hello,

I have been issued statement from my bank which fulfills all requirements required by UKBA. However they are not on letter head. Do these statements are called Electronic Bank Statements?

They have signed and stamped it on each page, would that be acceptable to UKBA?

I shall be thankful for your response.

d1o

Post by d1o » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:35 pm

IMO, the stamp and signature are fine as long as they both appear on everypage.

d1o

Post by d1o » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:55 am

just to let y'all know that my Tier 1 General application was successful. Thanks for all your assistance.

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:57 pm

Congratulations.
Can you please post your time line on sticky.

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

same

Post by rpsarangi » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:54 am

i had the same experience with the HSBC. they are making life of people miserable by refusing stamping. They have given me the statement in the letter headed paper with the logo and name and account number but no address and they say that they are aware of the HO guidelines and HO accepts this statement what they are providning .. this is what the manager told me.. unfortunately we have only one HSBC in my city so i cant even go to any other branch to try.