ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to Tier 2 job search

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gupta_ust

Tier 2 to Tier 2 job search

Post by gupta_ust » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi Experts,

Currently I am on Tier 2 (ICT) visa and want to look for better options, I mean change in employer. I do not qualify for Tier 1 after the recent changes.

Considering the fact that I work on a technology that has average demand in market, what are the chances of getting a new job?

I heard that some consultancies can sponsor you and then you can search your job . It doesn't sound logical to me. Any comments on this.

Please provide your guidance for searching a job while I am on tier2.

Thanks.

gupta_ust

Post by gupta_ust » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:11 am

Are there any options available to me? Can anyone advise?

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:02 pm

Dear Gupta,

Firstly - Tier 2's are now only valid for work with a specific employer so you cannot transfer Tier 2s across companies unlike before. It's as good as being on a student visa or tourist visa trying to hunt for work.

Next - you cannot secure another job while on Tier2 unless the employer is ready to get a visa done for you which is unrealistic.

About agencies- there are a lot of those out there ready to pounce on gullible people who are ready to try anything to remain/come to the UK. But basically, its similar to how things happen in the US. They basically act as a front or recruitment agency and get clients who need contractors. They will then use their Tier 2 acquired people to go do the job. I remember few years back that such agencies in the US gave you the visa, guaranteed 6 months of work on really POOR wages after which you had to fend for yourself.
It may be the same here and even worse. As you will be on a Tier2 from such agencies, you are absolutely bound to them for any sort of work. This means they can pay you peanuts and Im pretty sure they will. Not to forget they can tell you to return at any point in time, they may tell you to do any sort of work or go back etc - best to stay away unless some one here has had experience of such 'agencies' giving Tier 2s

Best of Luck
KP