ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help in solving some Puzzles for UK Tier 1 visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ranky
Newly Registered

Need Help in solving some Puzzles for UK Tier 1 visa

Post by ranky » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:43 pm

Can somebody please clarify few of my queries regarding HSMP tier 1 visa?I am currently in India working for a MNC wanted to apply for HSMP ASAP...

1) Earning potential

What is the salary considered
a) One which is being transferred to you account after all the deductions like ( Tax,Company funds etc etc) or one which is whole Gross Salary?

b) I do coaching to some students after office since the past 1 year to teach them about some generic subjects of school.The money I get I save into different account but not on monthly basis but randomly...Even I pay tax for this income..can I consider this as the Earning ?

2) Currently my husband is on tier2 visa in UK and if I get the HSMP...Is my husband applicable to apply for dependent visa once I go to UK through hsmp visa ? For dependent he can directly move from Tier 2 to dependent in UK itself or he has to go back to India..Please confirm?

Thanks and appreciate your quick response...
Last edited by ranky on Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Need Help in solving some Puzzles for HSMP Tier 1 visa

Post by push » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:39 pm

ranky wrote:Can somebody please clarify few of my queries regarding HSMP tier 1 visa?I am currently in India working for a MNC wanted to apply for HSMP ASAP...
The VISA category is not called HSMP any more. Tier(1) General Highly Skilled is the name.
ranky wrote:1) Earning potential

What is the salary considered
a) One which is being transferred to you account after all the deductions like ( Tax,Company funds etc etc) or one which is whole Gross Salary?
Gross - amount which is mentioned on your salary slip
ranky wrote:b) I do coaching to some students after office since the past 1 year to teach them about some generic subjects of school.The money I get I save into different account but not on monthly basis but randomly...Even I pay tax for this income..can I consider this as the Earning ?
Yes you can provided you can support the same with two independent but mutually corroborating pieces of evidences. See PBS guidance for further clarification.
ranky wrote:2) Currently my husband is on tier2 visa in UK and if I get the HSMP...Is my husband applicable to apply for dependent visa once I go to UK through hsmp visa ? For dependent he can directly move from Tier 2 to dependent in UK itself or he has to go back to India..Please confirm?
Needs to go back to India. Why dont you apply as his dependant?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ranky
Newly Registered

Post by ranky » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:12 pm

Thanks Push

Can you please provide me the PBS guidelines link where I can clarify the Earning potential earned through coaching and I am not able to understand this "Yes you can provided you can support the same with two independent but mutually corroborating pieces of evidences." Please clarify ...

Just wanted to confirm that I can apply for my husbands dependent Visa but somehow he needs to go back to India for the same...can you please let me know how much is the fees and what all documents are required for the same?Do I need to show more Maintenance fund later?

Currently I would be resigning from my current job and would be joining my husband and look for new job in UK..

I dont want to go on dependent as his job clarity is not there and his project might end in 6 months duration...

Please help!!

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:14 pm

ranky wrote:Thanks Push

Can you please provide me the PBS guidelines link where I can clarify the Earning potential earned through coaching and I am not able to understand this "Yes you can provided you can support the same with two independent but mutually corroborating pieces of evidences." Please clarify ...

Just wanted to confirm that I can apply for my husbands dependent Visa but somehow he needs to go back to India for the same...can you please let me know how much is the fees and what all documents are required for the same?Do I need to show more Maintenance fund later?

Currently I would be resigning from my current job and would be joining my husband and look for new job in UK..

I dont want to go on dependent as his job clarity is not there and his project might end in 6 months duration...

Please help!!
First you need to go through the policy guidance for applying tier 1 visa. Go through it thoroughly and most of your queries will be answered.
http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconten ... idance.pdf

For fees, check the vfs website
http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/visafees.aspx

and for documents required, there are a number of threads on this website discussing them. Use the search. One of the threads...
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=50608