ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent please....how long after successful appeal??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

t_kaay

urgent please....how long after successful appeal??

Post by t_kaay » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:20 am

hi all, can someone advise me how long it takes for Islamabad to issue a visitor visa after a successful appeal.The appeal hearing was at the end of March in the UK, the judge advised on the day that he would allow the appeal and issue directions for the visa to be issued asap. I need to know how long as I want to book tickets to travel there myself to accompany the visitor to the UK. Tried emailing Islamabad, no reply. Thanks.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:29 pm

The Home Office can appeal the decision of the tribunal. If they decide not to they write to the ECO on the matter of issuing EC on the basis of an allowed appeal subject to there being no 'material changes' in the applicants circumstances since their refused application. The ECO may want to interview the applicant again to clarify this. The applicant or legal representative will get a note to the effect that the HO have written to the ECO. You are free to take this letter to the ECO with your passport for endorsment. I would expect the process to take no less than 6 weeks. If the HO appeal the tribunal's decision then this timeline is moot.

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:09 am

thanks for your reply, could you just clarify that the letter you refer to from the HO advising they have written to the ECO, would this go out with the determination or would it come later? I'm guessing the HO won't appeal as it was a very strong case, the judge did not even want to listen to our barristers closing statement as he had already decided the case.