ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

afath
Newly Registered

urgent help

Post by afath » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:19 pm

i want to apply for a tier 1 visa but i have some enquirers to ask about :

I do a SELF ASSESSMENT on the points based calculator & I have got points for everything except the qualification & English requirement as I found them but I have got 0 points for them for that reason I do a qualification comparability on UK naric & it is comparable to UK bachelor degree that mean I have to get 30 points for qualification after that I made an English assessment for my qualification to ensure that was taught in English & claim 10 points for English language & it is assessed as it is equivalent to to CEFR level C1 that mean I have to get 10 points for language

The problem that I want to ask about is that on the tier 1 application form on the English requirement part they said that "The points-based calculator shows the degree is equivalent to a UK bachelors degree and that the degree was taught in English to a standard at level C1 of CEFR"
but i got 0 points in point based calculator for my qualification degree

Please I want an urgent help in this issue From expert one

push
United Kingdom

Re: urgent help

Post by push » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:11 pm

afath wrote:i want to apply for a tier 1 visa but i have some enquirers to ask about :

I do a SELF ASSESSMENT on the points based calculator & I have got points for everything except the qualification & English requirement as I found them but I have got 0 points for them for that reason I do a qualification comparability on UK naric & it is comparable to UK bachelor degree that mean I have to get 30 points for qualification after that I made an English assessment for my qualification to ensure that was taught in English & claim 10 points for English language & it is assessed as it is equivalent to to CEFR level C1 that mean I have to get 10 points for language

The problem that I want to ask about is that on the tier 1 application form on the English requirement part they said that "The points-based calculator shows the degree is equivalent to a UK bachelors degree and that the degree was taught in English to a standard at level C1 of CEFR"

You need to write one of the prescribed English language tests then. Can you please let us know which course, Institution etc. are you using for the assessment so that we can recheck for you?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

afath
Newly Registered

Re: urgent help

Post by afath » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:35 pm

push wrote:
afath wrote:i want to apply for a tier 1 visa but i have some enquirers to ask about :

You need to write one of the prescribed English language tests then. Can you please let us know which course, Institution etc. are you using for the assessment so that we can recheck for you?
Is that mean that I have to pass an English test like IELTS & the English assessment for my qualification is useless after it assessed as C1 grade from UK naric & my qualification is comparable to UK bachelor degree also from UK naric?

the institution details is :
Country of award: Egypt

Qualification: Bachelor Degree

Institution or body: higher institute for computers and information technology,el-shorouk

Course length: 4 years

Course subject: IT / Computer Science

Year of award: 2009

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:33 pm

For the purposes of English Language points UKBA relies solely on the points calculator. Assessment from NARIC is not acceptable. The other option for you is to write the prescribed tests. The guidance notes say:
194. Where the degree was taken in another country we will always assess it using the points based calculator on our website. The calculator contains information from UK NARIC on whether overseas qualifications are equivalent to United Kingdom Bachelors level or higher.
regards,
push

afath
Newly Registered

Post by afath » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:56 pm

push wrote:For the purposes of English Language points UKBA relies solely on the points calculator. Assessment from NARIC is not acceptable. The other option for you is to write the prescribed tests. The guidance notes say:
194. Where the degree was taken in another country we will always assess it using the points based calculator on our website. The calculator contains information from UK NARIC on whether overseas qualifications are equivalent to United Kingdom Bachelors level or higher.
Do you mean A prescribed test like ielts or what?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:08 pm

UKBA Guidance Notes -Page 30 wrote:181 English language tests that have been assessed as meeting our requirements are available on our website here
Last edited by push on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
regards,
push

afath
Newly Registered

Post by afath » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:36 pm

Thank u very much for ur help
But is it any problems with qualifaction comparability that i have made cause i only have a provisional certificate and course transcript?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:54 am

No, you cannot provide provision certificate, you need the original (I take it that you have not had it awarded yet?).

See this case with regards to a PSW application.

The determination states:
The requirement of paragraph 245Z and paragraphs 51 to 55 of Appendix A of HC 395 as amended is that in order to be entitled to points the applicant must have been awarded the requisite qualification in respect of which points are claimed. It is not sufficient to show that the qualification will be awarded.