ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 years long residence and employment.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saadinov
Newly Registered

14 years long residence and employment.

Post by saadinov » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:46 pm

Hello,

I started preparing for the ILR application (14 years long residence ) and I am gathering all the necessary documents. I have been working in a company for the last 4 years and I am worried that if I declare my employment in the ILR application, it may compromise my work position and my employer.
Do you think I should declare my work ? Do you think the home office would do something about that.
My employer doesn't know anything about my situation and I intend to keep it that way.

Best regards
Saad

chorc123

Re: 14 years long residence and employment.

Post by chorc123 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi Saad,
I am waiting for decision of 14 years rule as well. Do you have NI number to pay tax? As far as I know, plus what my solicitor said, it shouldn't against your ILR application. However, if your boss get caught for employing illegal workers, then he will in troubles and get fines.
I have included everything in my application. However, I didn't include where and who employed me also, included I was/am selfemployed at some point of 14 years. I just prefer to be honested with my application rather than HO find out themselves.
I cannot advice you what to do. On the other hand, if you say you are at work. Then it is a proof of you are physically living in the UK.
It is just my experience. You need to consult a good solicitor.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:51 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.