ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 YEAR LONG TERM LEGAL RESIDENCE ILR QUESTIONS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ap2004
Newly Registered

10 YEAR LONG TERM LEGAL RESIDENCE ILR QUESTIONS

Post by ap2004 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:00 pm

Hello all, I would apreciate your feedback. I will be completing my 10 years legal stay (without any break) in Dec this year and would like to apply for ILR. I am legal resident in the UK from Dec 2000 and was holding dependent ( 5 years), workpermit (2 years) and HSMP (3 years) visa.My wife, daughter and son hold british passport. My current HSMP visa is valid until May 2012. PLEASE CAN YOU provide your guidence on following:

1. Can i apply 28 days before completion of 10 years stay? I think i cant but wanted to check.
2. i was not going to send any documentation with my application (except my current bank document fro last 6 months) as i have all the passports available and visa stamps on my passports. Is it ok? OR
3. Do i need to send any documentation with my application like P60, SALARY SLIPS, mortgage document, GP Registration document etc? Please can you provide guidence on documentation to be submitted with my application.
4. Anything else i need to be aware of?
5. I dont think i can apply in person in PEO for 10 Year Long Term Residence ILR. Please advise.
6. Should I go through solicitor? I dont think i should as I believe that my case is straigght forward.

Thanks ever so much.

ap2004

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:07 pm

ap2004 wrote:I am legal resident in the UK from Dec 2000 and was holding dependent ( 5 years), workpermit (2 years) and HSMP (3 years) visa.
Any reason why you wish to apply under the long residence category and not as an economic migrant (WP+HSMP)? If you apply for settlement as an economic migrant you can do so in person at any of the PEOs and hope to be granted ILR on that very day.

1. Yes.
2-4. See Long residence (276A-276D) and Form SET(O).
5. No.
6. Your choice.

KOL required.

regards