ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I work for my employer while a WP to T2 app is underway

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gadro
Newly Registered

Can I work for my employer while a WP to T2 app is underway

Post by Gadro » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:47 pm

As it says on the tin ...

I am currently employed by a company under a work permit, I am about to apply for T2 visa under transitional arrangements.

Given the turnaround time for an outcome is likely to go beyond the end of my work permit visa's end date, can I legally continue to work for my employer while I have an appication in pending?

If so, is there a special form for this I need to complete to represent this scenario?

Or do I have to somehow temporarily suspend work in some bizarre way until a result on the T2 application is received?

Thanks for reading and any advice you have!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Can I work for my employer while a WP to T2 app is under

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:19 pm

Gadro wrote:can I legally continue to work for my employer while I have an appication in pending?
As long as you submit an in-time application (i.e. - apply before your current leave expires) you can continue to work as usual. You don't need to do anything.
Section 3C wrote:It is often not possible to decide an application for an extension of leave until after the period of leave has expired. To prevent applicants from becoming overstayers through no fault of their own, section 118 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 introduced an amended section 3C into the Immigration Act 1971. Section 3C automatically extends the leave of a person who has made an application for further leave to remain during a period of extant leave. Technically, the leave is "treated as continuing".

regards

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:31 pm

Y don't try Same day Premier service? Costs £720