ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation with 1 month old baby

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IanK

Naturalisation with 1 month old baby

Post by IanK » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:13 pm

Hi Everyone

we can submit out naturalisation application form no earlier than 27.03.2011 , our1st baby should be 1 month old then.

My Questions :

Will we have to pay the full child fee £470 to get the little one naturalised with us ?

I see there is a special fee for a husband & wife applying together , how about a infant ( i don't see any documentation for it )

as the baby will only be one month old , is there anyway to just get baby registered as a UK citizen after we get our passports ( to save costs ? )

obviously having our first little one and having to spend £1000 on naturalisation is not ideal at the same time , therefore any help graciously accepted

IanK

IanK

Post by IanK » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:32 pm

Oooh , i just read this statement

"if born after one or both parents has their own ILR, then child automatically British from the moment of birth, but"

if this is the case both me and the mom both have ILR's , does that mean baby qualifies for British passport automatically ?

boloney

Post by boloney » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:37 pm

Baby will be British at birth because you are settled in the UK
IanK wrote:Oooh , i just read this statement

"if born after one or both parents has their own ILR, then child automatically British from the moment of birth, but"

if this is the case both me and the mom both have ILR's , does that mean baby qualifies for British passport automatically ?