ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What's involved in the process?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

H143
Newly Registered

What's involved in the process?

Post by H143 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:49 am

Hi there,

Does anyone have a link to anything detailing what the steps are from the CIC's point of view? I found one with a detailed process for spouse class but not skilled worker. I.e. receive application, send letter, start looking through application, send letter re medical, do police checks.... etc. I'm not sure what order they do everything in!

If I find out I will post it too.

Thanks,
Hayley

jo5356
Newly Registered

Post by jo5356 » Wed May 10, 2006 5:29 pm

Hello H143,

You can find some help at this site:

http://www.thecanadianway.info

jo

jo5356
Newly Registered

Post by jo5356 » Wed May 10, 2006 5:35 pm

As far as steps CIC follows in processing your application, that is not well known, if known at all. Once you send your application in to CIC, it becomes a waiting game. If they need further information, they will contact you, otherwise one day many months down the road you receive a letter saying you have been approved in principle. Then you will get instructions as to what to do from there.

There is very little contact during the waiting period. If they're not asking you for further information, and you have received your initial letter saying they rec'd your application, this can be a good sign that you gave them what they needed to consider your application.

It's hard, but just have to be patient now :)

jo

H143
Newly Registered

Post by H143 » Wed May 10, 2006 6:07 pm

Thanks Jo. I actually found a detailed document (about 30 pages) detailing their processes which was pretty helpful...although in the end it's just all about waiting!

Thanks for your replies. :D

jo5356
Newly Registered

Post by jo5356 » Thu May 11, 2006 3:27 pm

You're welcome ! :)

Good luck.

jo