ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse's Parents ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sher

Spouse's Parents ?

Post by Sher » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:24 pm

One of my friends had a query:
My spouse is an HSMP dependent and will not accompany me to the UK. Will come in maybe later.

However, I need to get my spouse's parents to the UK as my young son is very attached to them. Is is possible to get them over? Has anyone been successful in a similar effort?

Ideas, any?
PM welcome.
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll:

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:35 pm

Sorry no chance unless there are extremley compelling circumstances. In any case if the natural mother is unwilling/ unable to be here for the child and address the matter of 'emotional attachment' why should that of the grandparents be of relevance and/or greater concern to the British authorities?

Sher

My friend is a Lady !

Post by Sher » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:16 am

My friend is a lady and the mother of the child.
She will be there in the UK with her child. It is the husband's parents that she wants to bring over as she currently lives in a joint Indian family and the child is attached to his paternal grandparents.
Sorry, I did not clarify this earlier.
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll:

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:13 am

As Kayalami has already said, "unless there are extremely compelling circumstances", there is no chance of the grandparents getting visas.

The fact that "the child is attached to his paternal grandparents" is not in itself nearly enough.
John

shreem

Post by shreem » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:30 pm

Sher,

How long does your friend want to bring her in-laws to the UK?

The usual option most people take is to apply for a family visitor visa for the grandparents (after your friend comest into the UK) so that at least they get 6 months visa to stay with their grandchild. Is that not an option?

Moderators:- Is there any reason why the grandparents wouldnt be allowed into the country as visitors due to the fact that their son is not in the UK?