ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Naturalisation 1 Passport is lost

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

babar381
Newly Registered

Applying for Naturalisation 1 Passport is lost

Post by babar381 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:34 pm

Hi Readers,

I came in u.k. in july 2005 with Hsmp visa . On my first passport , i have Hsmp visa 1yr + 4 yrs extension stickers . This passport was expired in feb 2008 (still have it).
In march 2008 i was issued a new passport through Pakistan Embassy London . This passport got lost in Pakistan during my trip in june 2010. (lost).
In july 2010 i got issued new passport from Karachi . On which i came bach , and successfully got ILR under JR rules in march 2010 along with HO letter qualifying me to apply for naturalisation after 05 july 2010. ( still have it )
So the second passport (Lost one ) did not have any visa sticker on it .
The missing passport makes a gap from march 2008 to june 2010, which is 15 months . what shall i do , as i have an appoint ment on 22/09/10 with NCS .
I have my wage slips till oct 2008 . since oct 2008 i am running a company and not withdrawing any wages for my self.
Please advise ASAP

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:52 am

See also Annex B: The residence requirements > 2. Checking the residence requirements
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

babar381
Newly Registered

Post by babar381 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:08 pm

Hi Vinny / Readers ,

Thanks for the kind advice .
I have Filed my NA form today, without any supporting docs . covering 15 months (lost Passport) as they were not available at that time , i have already asked my ex- employer to send me a copy of my p60 ( which covers me from jan 08 to oct 2008 ) . I said to the NCS officer if the H.O. asked for the docs . i will send them .
But my point is , As i got my indefinate in march 2010, with H.O. letter enabling me to apply for naturalisation after 04 july 2010. So, what i assume is , they should have my all records till the date of ILR . And Since i got my ILR i have not travelled any where and have that passport confirming my statement .

Please advice .

babar381
Newly Registered

Post by babar381 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:12 pm

Hi again ,
would it be ok to get SAR file as well, just to double check . Is there any harm to apply for SAR?

centennial

Post by centennial » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:38 pm

Hell0,

May be I can help a bit here as i was in exactly same situation like yours. I had lost my passport overseas at the beginning of this year. I had ILR stamped on it so i came back to UK on returning resident visa. Anyways at the time of applying for Naturalisation I have provided 5 p60s along with employment reference letter. that’s it really apart from usual documentation. It didn’t take long to approve but to be honest I was very stressed like you. so my friend take it easy, it will be all right.

good luck,
Sandeep