ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed - No further contact from BHC.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunnyboy786
Newly Registered

Appeal Allowed - No further contact from BHC.

Post by sunnyboy786 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:44 pm

My parents appeal was allowed on 12th August. Almost, 1.5 months and still no response from British Embassy Islamabad.

My questions is can my parents seek an appointment at BHC Islamabad to submit their passports without waiting for the call letter. Or they need to have a call letter first before they can apply.

Guidance on http://www.ukvacpk.com/appeals.aspx states

"Anyone wishing to apply for a UK visa or seeking to re-submit their passport following an allowed appeal, should contact Gerry's call centre to make an appointment at their nearest visa application centre. Access to visa application centres is strictly by appointment only. Anyone arriving without an appointment will not be permitted to enter".

tasawar
- thin ice -

Re: Appeal Allowed - No further contact from BHC.

Post by tasawar » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:01 pm

sunnyboy786 wrote:My parents appeal was allowed on 12th August. Almost, 1.5 months and still no response from British Embassy Islamabad.

My questions is can my parents seek an appointment at BHC Islamabad to submit their passports without waiting for the call letter. Or they need to have a call letter first before they can apply.

Guidance on http://www.ukvacpk.com/appeals.aspx states

"Anyone wishing to apply for a UK visa or seeking to re-submit their passport following an allowed appeal, should contact Gerry's call centre to make an appointment at their nearest visa application centre. Access to visa application centres is strictly by appointment only. Anyone arriving without an appointment will not be permitted to enter".

Hello

No they can get appointment with call in letter becouse that is the part of process so just wait for the call in letter and then your parents can submit the passport for visa to any VAC ok they cant go BHC direct.

mrsahmed

call letter

Post by mrsahmed » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:22 pm

my inlaws appeal was allowed 3 months ago and we just recieved an email to submit their passports (email received yesterday) frustrating waiting but just be patient and if you havent given them your email address then do so now as you know post is not reliable in pakistan!

sunnyboy786
Newly Registered

Post by sunnyboy786 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:46 am

Well,justice delayed is justice denied. What is the point of all this appeal process when it takes over a year to process. In retrospect, I think a fresh visa application would be better than going the appeal route.

chezza100

Post by chezza100 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:06 pm

Hi sunnyboy786

My husband won his appeal in April and didn't get his call letter until 19 weeks later in August.

He handed his passport in to Gerrys yesterday and if he gets his passport back in 12 weeks as they advise it will be 15 months from lodging the appeal to him getting his visa.

It a long route but I would recommend the appeal because I attended an oral hearing and was able to answer any questions in person.

Good luck to you with what you decide.