ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU visa for HSMP migrant

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kpandey4
Newly Registered

EU visa for HSMP migrant

Post by kpandey4 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:56 pm

I have acquired the HSMP last Year though i have not been traveled in UK since then . However as per the recent development I could have employemnt opportunity with one of the UK company.

The role is as a consultant where by one have to travel Across the Entire EU to Deliver and implement the solution. The Employer is reaqdy to hire HSMP Migrant . But he is concern about processing the Visa for EU after my Recriutment as i would still be holding the Indian passport .

He is asking as below

" This role involves travelling all over Europe at the drop of a hat and I wandered if under an Indian passport you can travel freely through Europe for work? Appreciate you can work in the UK on a Tier 1 Visa, just wasn’t sure if you can travel through the EU"

Please advice

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:19 pm

Your Tier 1 visa (HSMP no longer exists) give you right to work and live only in UK. As Indian citizen you will need a visa to travel in the rest of EU for any purpose.

kpandey4
Newly Registered

Post by kpandey4 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:43 pm

"Your Tier 1 visa (HSMP no longer exists)"
what does this merans ???

"As Indian citizen you will need a visa to travel in the rest of EU for any purpose."

That i understand however the question which i am asking is if my employer wish to file my EU visa while i am UK would he be ?? provided i have Indian Pasport with HSMP stamp on it

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:51 pm

If you are on HSMP/T1 in UK your employer can file a working/business visa for you to travel and work in EU... It should not be a problem.
kpandey4 wrote:"Your Tier 1 visa (HSMP no longer exists)"
what does this merans ???

"As Indian citizen you will need a visa to travel in the rest of EU for any purpose."

That i understand however the question which i am asking is if my employer wish to file my EU visa while i am UK would he be ?? provided i have Indian Pasport with HSMP stamp on it

kpandey4
Newly Registered

Post by kpandey4 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:54 pm

will it goona be any problem if someone not traveled to uk after his hsmp 2012. i got hsmp stamped last year may.

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:59 pm

Ideally it should not be an issue.. Just be prepared you might be asked about the same at the port of entry.... make sure you do your homework with some logical explainations.... "i.e recession , notice period etc."
kpandey4 wrote:will it goona be any problem if someone not traveled to uk after his hsmp 2012. i got hsmp stamped last year may.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:32 pm

kpandey4 wrote:what does this merans ???
In 2008 HSMP programme was replaced with Tier 1 of point-based immigration system. So your 2009 visa cannot be HSMP, it is Tier 1.
kpandey4 wrote:That i understand however the question which i am asking is if my employer wish to file my EU visa while i am UK would he be ?? provided i have Indian Pasport with HSMP stamp on it
You will be fine - while you have a valid Tier 1 visa you are a resident of UK, and thus can apply for visas in embassies inside UK.
kpandey4 wrote:will it goona be any problem if someone not traveled to uk after his hsmp 2012. i got hsmp stamped last year may.
2012?

kpandey4
Newly Registered

Post by kpandey4 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:40 pm

@Wunder :- I was intended to mention that it is valid till 2012 .

However Guys I appreciate your quick responses .

Thanks again
KP

kpandey4
Newly Registered

Post by kpandey4 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:00 pm

Guys ,
Does this Tier 1 Work permit allows me to travel freely to any country in EU . As the UK citizen can travel to EU without any Problem .

IF the tier 1 Visa does not provides you with this right . do we any such such visa of certain validity which work well with the Tier 1 Visa .

Please help me to understand if the person want to acquire EU work permit same way as he did Tier 1 can he ??

Experts please advice

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:12 pm

A Tier 1 visa is only used for entering the UK. You may need a Schengen visa for other EEA countries.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kpandey4
Newly Registered

Post by kpandey4 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:33 pm

@vinny :- what is the process of applying for the Schengen_visa and how much time does it take ....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:01 pm

As the UK is not part of the Schengen group of countries, a British residency / visa does not give the holder right of entry into Schengen countries.
kpandey4 wrote:@vinny :- what is the process of applying for the Schengen_visa and how much time does it take ....
If you intend to visit only one Schengen country, you must apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate of that country. If you intend to visit several Schengen countries without having a main destination, you should apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate of the first country that requires you to have a visa. Generally speaking with a Schengen visa, you may enter one country and travel freely throughout the Schengen region during the validity of the visa - irrespective of which Schengen country issues the visa.

The embassy concerned (where you apply for visa) will be able to advise you on the procedure, costs and processing timelines involved.

regards

kpandey4
Newly Registered

Post by kpandey4 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:18 am

Thanks for your quick response ...it is really the helpful information ....