ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Visa - Extension criteria

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rawpan

Tier 1 General Visa - Extension criteria

Post by rawpan » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:40 am

Hi All,

I got my visa UK Tier1 visa in July 2008 which is valid till July 2011. I will be travelling to UK next month first time on this visa. I understand that there have been some rule changes to Tier 1 General visa since 2008.
I have read somewhere on Linkedin that to get an extension of this Visa, one must be working in UK for last 12 months becuase you must submit salray slips for the same, else the Visa extension will be rejected.

Please let me know your views on this.

Regards
rawpan

rawpan

Any Ideas !

Post by rawpan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:24 pm

Dear Experts,

Plz provide ur views on the same.

Regards,
rawpan

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:41 pm

You dont have to be here 12 months if you qualify with a salary for less than 12 months. The time spent in UK is not important but, it is important that you gain enough points to qualify for an extension. But, for ILR you will have to wait till you have spent 5 yrs in UK. (according to current rules)

http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconten ... idance.pdf

rawpan

Further queries on Tier - 1 extension !!

Post by rawpan » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:53 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. As per the guidelines, I need to score 75 points to get an extension. It is a bit tricky as they won't apply any upliftment factor on earnings made in India.
Now,I have following queries :-

1.) How long before the Visa expiry, one can file for an extension ?
My Visa is due to expire in July, 2010. So, at what time (i.e. which month) in advance should I apply ?

2.) Can we claim points for the money recieved from Employee Provident Fund as part of our earnings? That would help to put me thru.

3.) Alternatively, Is it possible to make on extension application from India itself right now? Please note that I have not visited UK till now on this Visa.

Any ideas on the above points.

Regards,
rawpan

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: Further queries on Tier - 1 extension !!

Post by kiranchinnu » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:22 am

rawpan wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your reply. As per the guidelines, I need to score 75 points to get an extension. It is a bit tricky as they won't apply any upliftment factor on earnings made in India.
Now,I have following queries :-

1.) How long before the Visa expiry, one can file for an extension ?
My Visa is due to expire in July, 2010. So, at what time (i.e. which month) in advance should I apply ?
Ans: 28days before expiry (official) , however I had seen few applied before three months awell(bit risk, u will loose application fee if they reject)

2.) Can we claim points for the money recieved from Employee Provident Fund as part of our earnings? That would help to put me thru.
Ans : No u cant .
3.) Alternatively, Is it possible to make on extension application from India itself right now? Please note that I have not visited UK till now on this Visa.
Ans: No.
Any ideas on the above points.

Regards,
rawpan