ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent regarding Tier 2 General visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shcumi
Newly Registered

Urgent regarding Tier 2 General visa

Post by shcumi » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:58 am

Hello,

My employer applied for PBS License on 1st July and we havent heard anything yet from home office. It is in progress all we know. My visa expires on 10th Oct. I am on PSW and working for this employer for over 15 months now.

If my visa expires and I leave the country, and in the mean time if the employer gets the license and applies for COS, can I apply from my home country using the same COS or will the employer will have to carry out Resident labour tests (as of now due to PSW and more than 6 months we did not have to follow that procedure) if I am applying from outside the UK.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:36 pm

For sponsoring a migrant from outside the UK (you'll be applying for EC from home country), the sponsor must undertake RMLT before a CoS can be issued ... unless your job is amongst the shortage occupation(s).

regards

shcumi
Newly Registered

Post by shcumi » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:07 pm

Thank you. We just got a letter from HO, rejected due to paper work. Applying again for a license. How long does it normally take to get a license? Will it be 12 weeks or less?

Regards

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:27 pm

?? u have been working for this employer for 15 months and never thought about future, now ur visa is going to expire and realized it is getting late.......anyway Good Luck

shcumi
Newly Registered

Post by shcumi » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:42 pm

Thank you very much for your reply mt_dilber...IT HELPS....

I was not sleeping until now...I was planning to apply for Tier1 and was getting enough points for it. But the rules changed and had to apply for Tier2..we started the process in June, and if it took HO to reject license 12 weeks, how am I at fault???