ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bit confused. Please help!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kumaran72
Newly Registered

Bit confused. Please help!

Post by kumaran72 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:43 pm

I am about to apply for the Tier 1. But confused.

This is my case.
I work full time as a lecturer and work part time in 3 other places. All places pay me by cheques or SLIPS (automated bank payments) payments. I get monthly salary from my full time employment. Other places pay me sometime monthly, sometime once in three months ( as I finish modules). Durations are varying. But all fall within my claim period.

I get appointment letters every academic year from these places.

My question:
Can I clam all these places as separate income sources (full time/part time)
OR

Should I consider myself a self employer and get an accountant letter?

Please let me know your opinion soon as I have to decide how to proceed urgently.

Thanks in advanced.
Kumaran

tkumarp
Newly Registered

Post by tkumarp » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:07 pm

That should be OK .....
But you need letter of evidence for the 2 sources
1. Letter from the Organisation where you are working part time stating the payments on Official Letter Head.
2. Banks stmts reflecting the same with seal and sign.

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: Bit confused. Please help!

Post by prisat » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:46 pm

kumaran72 wrote:I am about to apply for the Tier 1. But confused.

This is my case.
I work full time as a lecturer and work part time in 3 other places. All places pay me by cheques or SLIPS (automated bank payments) payments. I get monthly salary from my full time employment. Other places pay me sometime monthly, sometime once in three months ( as I finish modules). Durations are varying. But all fall within my claim period.

I get appointment letters every academic year from these places.

My question:
Can I clam all these places as separate income sources (full time/part time)
OR

Should I consider myself a self employer and get an accountant letter?

Please let me know your opinion soon as I have to decide how to proceed urgently.

Thanks in advanced.
Kumaran
Make sure you submit original letter of confirmation / authorisation for your earnings containing all details like
-- Date of payment
-- Duration / Period of earnings (Period in Dates, From date and To date)
-- Mode of payment - cheque or cash or bank credit
-- Amount Paid

-- IF POSSIBLE, Type of earning (like gross or tuition allowance or Lecturer allowance - you can use the technical term here)

For your earnings section, you atleast need 2 evidences. Note that the 2 evidences should be applied for all the source of earnings and fyi, only (USUALLY) taxable components of ur earnings can be shown as a proof of salary.

I am not sure what is ur claim period. But if you have all the source of earnings details in Form 16, then you are very good to go.

Personally, if i were in ur position, i would also submit an Accountant letter from a authorised Accountant since the earnings are from the MULTIPLE sources.

If you have any clarification, please post. People are always there to provide you guidance.
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

kumaran72
Newly Registered

Post by kumaran72 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:00 pm

Thanks indianworld and tkumarp,

Could seniors pls contribute? Should I be considered self emplyed and provide accountant letter?

sorabzone
Newly Registered

Post by sorabzone » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:37 pm

Have you applied and is yes then what happ. ??
i got similar query

I am in India and my annual income from my full time job is not enough for Tier 1.

But alongside my job i am also maintaing computer systems & network setups for some small business firms(all registered).
I got paid by cheque from these firms and i can also get some declaration on letter head or other document if required to verify the genuineness of my earnings.

Query 1 - Can i combine my job salary along with the income i get from other sources .
Query 2 - what documents i need for this.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:18 pm

For india application you need to show lots of proof i have heard ... as getting letter from client and random deposit in bank is very easy (which UKBA knows).

you need show you paid tax
CA letter for gross / net calculation.
etc

sorabzone
Newly Registered

Post by sorabzone » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:42 am

thanks for reply

Tax for the incomes inoccured in assessment year 2010-11 will be paid in April 2011 only.So, i cant get tax doc for these incomes or even for my salaried income.

What i can get for sure now(for other incomes that i had):
Bank statement showing transactions
letterhead from client
CA letter for gross / net calculation.
Work order

do i need to show any other documents ? If yes pls mention