ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS urgent consideration..time???

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pokale2600

CoS urgent consideration..time???

Post by pokale2600 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:55 am

Hello,

Does anyone know how long it takes for board panel to make decision on CoS under urgent consideration??

thanks

kevinarnold
Newly Registered

CoS urgent consideration, Still waiting.

Post by kevinarnold » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:43 am

We are also waiting for the result. Applied for CoS urgent consideration for 1st September panel, nothing heard yet.

I'll update as soon as we got something.

kevinarnold
Newly Registered

COS

Post by kevinarnold » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:22 pm

They come back to us without COS, we have to apply it again next month panel.

pokale2600

Post by pokale2600 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm

hi kevin,

thanks for the update. can i ask you under what circumstances u applied for CoS. i mean was it for work permit extension or switching from PSW to Tier 2 or somethin else? also when is ur visa expiring? because if ur visa isnt expiring in next 60 days chances are your request for CoS will be rejected.

look forward to hear from u.

lovingdale
Newly Registered

Hi I am waiting on my HR to tell me if they got the COS

Post by lovingdale » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:21 pm

Also applied for COS fro the 1st of August, WP expired on the 31st Aug.Submitted the application with letter from HR, without the COS. ANy similar experiences??

kevinarnold
Newly Registered

Post by kevinarnold » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:22 am

It was from wp to tier2, got more than 60 days, for a new employer.

kevinarnold
Newly Registered

Post by kevinarnold » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:26 am

[lovingdale] same here, applied without COS via post, done the biometrics too.

pokale2600

Post by pokale2600 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:14 am

hi kevin,

one of the reasons your request for CoS was refused may be due to your visa. according to new rule Request for CoS will be considered only when migrants leave to remain is goin to expire within next 60 days.
As you are switching from WP to tier 2 which is a high priority according to UKBA. i think you should be fine.

regards,
amit

missfitsz
Newly Registered

Post by missfitsz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:47 am

Yes, I am having the same problem too. Haven't heard from UKBA since my employer applied for a CoS. Can I send in my Tier 2 General application without the CoS number? What letter should I include to let them know that the CoS application is still under process? Thanks!

pricesoft

Post by pricesoft » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:18 pm

I was also in a similar situation where I had to apply for my Tier2 visa without a CoS, albeit with a letter from my sponsor. I was lucky though that my CoS was eventually issued by my sponsor 2 weeks after I submitted the application. I filled out page 30 of the Tier 2 application form (which contains the CoS reference number question) and sent it in with a cover letter.

So I can't confirm whether a decision on my application was still pending as at the time I sent in my CoS reference number. But it looked like a decision was made as normal based on the letter and CoS reference number I sent in subsequently.

kevinarnold
Newly Registered

Post by kevinarnold » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:42 pm

hi amit,
it's confusing as ukba has priority list of 6(for cos requests) but i'm not sure which category my case belong to. any suggestion welcome,

a. A Work Permit or Tier 2 (General) extension for an existing sponsor
b. A Work Permit or Tier 2 (General) extension for a new sponsor
c. A new shortage occupation post for an existing sponsor
d. A new shortage occupation post for a new sponsor
e. A non-shortage occupation post for an existing sponsor
f. A non-shortage occupation post for a new sponsor

any progress on your situation?

pokale2600

Post by pokale2600 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:05 pm

Hi Kevin,

If your company is already registered as a sponsor then your CoS application will have a 1st priority if your company is in the process of geting registered as a sponsor then your application for CoS will have second priority.

My request for CoS under urgent consideration have been refused saying fast track panel is only considering CoS for new sponsors with employees with leave to remain expiring before the October Panel. We are not considering those wishing to switch into Tier 2 (General) from another immigration category.

My visa is expiring in this week. :( :(

kevinarnold
Newly Registered

Post by kevinarnold » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:41 pm

hey amit,
so sorry to hear that, hope everything will workout for you. aren't you submitting for the next panel? have you submit your application by post already or are you waiting for cos. you have good chance if you have submit by post untill you get your cos. is this for the same employer or for a new one.

in my case i have no option but keep submitting month after month if this prospective employer willing to do so, otherwise it's a dead end for me too.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:48 pm

kevinarnold wrote:it's confusing as ukba has priority list of 6(for cos requests) but i'm not sure which category my case belong to.
e. A non-shortage occupation post for an existing sponsor

regards

kevinarnold
Newly Registered

Post by kevinarnold » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:25 am

Thanks sushdmehta.

actually it's for a new employer, so i assume as you mentioned it's falling as far as 'f. A non-shortage occupation post for a new sponsor'

what are my chances? any ideas?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:13 am

kevinarnold wrote:actually it's for a new employer, so i assume as you mentioned it's falling as far as 'f. A non-shortage occupation post for a new sponsor'
Yes, but only if you define sponsor = employer in this context.

e or f, least critical on UKBA's list.

regards

ashleyransoo

Post by ashleyransoo » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:57 pm

we understand that these are the least critical as per UKBA.

But they ever get to give a COS to those categories? We do not Know what is the reserved number of COS numbers they have kept for the exceptional cases. Where is freedom of information?

How do we get to know how many of those reserved gets allocated to each of the priority level which UKBA has put?

there seems to have no plans made to current PSW holders - It's only a few if there's any, who will be able to switch to tier 1 general from psw with regards to the earnings levels set.

Also, employment laws? where are they? If a PSW has already worked for an employer for the last 2 years of their stay, what arrangement id there for them, not being able to extend their visa under tier 2 general is barely an excuse for an employer to sack the employee.

Is there any senior members here able to shed some light on this?

kevinarnold
Newly Registered

Post by kevinarnold » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:53 am

Thanks sushdmehta.

roadkill1979
Newly Registered

It's quite frustrating situation for PSW

Post by roadkill1979 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:16 pm

I have time till December Panel to allocate my company with Cos for me. Tried for Sptember but got refusal e-mail (may be for my visa more then 60 days validity)
We 've approached to many solicitor who can't help in the PSW case in this Scenario so it looks like they need to consider PSW as current work permit holder and consider their extension like Work Permit with high priority rather then ignoring it.
ashleyransoo wrote:we understand that these are the least critical as per UKBA.

But they ever get to give a COS to those categories? We do not Know what is the reserved number of COS numbers they have kept for the exceptional cases. Where is freedom of information?

How do we get to know how many of those reserved gets allocated to each of the priority level which UKBA has put?

there seems to have no plans made to current PSW holders - It's only a few if there's any, who will be able to switch to tier 1 general from psw with regards to the earnings levels set.

Also, employment laws? where are they? If a PSW has already worked for an employer for the last 2 years of their stay, what arrangement id there for them, not being able to extend their visa under tier 2 general is barely an excuse for an employer to sack the employee.

Is there any senior members here able to shed some light on this?

dr_smmr

COS processing time Tier 2

Post by dr_smmr » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:37 pm

Hi, .I have been offered job from NHS on 21st July. I came to know that fees for Certficate Of Sponsorship has been sent on 21st August. I am still waiting for certificate of Sponsor to apply for tier 2.''' So its about one month since sending the application.I am really worried about my sponsor certificate.

Can anybody give idea actually how long its take to issue COS number , please

hb5kte
Newly Registered

Re: COS processing time Tier 2

Post by hb5kte » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:20 pm

dr_smmr wrote:Hi, .I have been offered job from NHS on 21st July. I came to know that fees for Certficate Of Sponsorship has been sent on 21st August. I am still waiting for certificate of Sponsor to apply for tier 2.''' So its about one month since sending the application.I am really worried about my sponsor certificate.

If ur sponsor have to send the cheque by post to HO/UKBA. It will takes ard 3 weeks to get the COS. This happen to me

pokale2600

Post by pokale2600 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:56 pm

kevinarnold wrote:It was from wp to tier2, got more than 60 days, for a new employer.
Hi sushmehta and kevin,

My understanding is kevin is on work permit and he wants to extend it therefore on priority list he should be either 1st on 2nd. cant be E or F for sure

Regards,
Amit

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:12 pm

kevinarnold wrote:It was from wp to tier2, got more than 60 days, for a new employer.
Extension is with the same employer, not a new one. With a new employer, it is a fresh Tier 2 application.

regards

dr_smmr

Re: COS processing time Tier 2

Post by dr_smmr » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:54 pm

hb5kte wrote:
dr_smmr wrote:Hi, .I have been offered job from NHS on 21st July. I came to know that fees for Certficate Of Sponsorship has been sent on 21st August. I am still waiting for certificate of Sponsor to apply for tier 2.''' So its about one month since sending the application.I am really worried about my sponsor certificate.

If ur sponsor have to send the cheque by post to HO/UKBA. It will takes ard 3 weeks to get the COS. This happen to me

In my case its already now 4 weeks.....Medical staffing also dont know how long its may take.....what is going on about my sponsorship applicatCOS...

kevinarnold
Newly Registered

Post by kevinarnold » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:27 pm

Sushdmehta & Amit, thanks for the comments.

Here we waiting for 01st October panel's decision, nothing yet. Last month it took nearly 10 days, but let's see this month.