ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settelement visa refuse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vas
Newly Registered

settelement visa refuse

Post by vas » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:14 pm

hiiii need urgent help
i applied settelement visa for my wife in india(chennai) got a refuse of some grounds

i submit my 5 months bank statments which is very healthy i show over 7000 pounds balence
i submit rental agrement the contract on my name i pay 900 pounds per month
i submit my 8 months pay slip and employer letter which is i get always 1000 pounds per month

Eco is not satisfied for all this documents
he sais ur husband can't maintain u why bcoz ur husband outgoings are near to 1400 pounds
and he checked my bank statments and he did see my loan amount direct debit which is 388 per month
all he sais is my out goings is more then my income
tell me plz what can i do any advice are helpfull

HRY2005
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by HRY2005 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:46 pm

i submit rental agrement the contract on my name i pay 900 pounds per month
i submit my 8 months pay slip and employer letter which is i get always 1000 pounds per month
my loan amount direct debit which is 388 per month
I think the ECO is not looking at your bank balances, you are required to pass the maintenance test, the ECO was looking at your income and your outgoings. Your income less your outgoings fell short of the maintenance test.

You claimed to earn £1000 a month and your rent costs £900 a month, you have just £100 left after your rent, what about the Council Tax???

The loan direct debits on your account must have proved to the ECO that your bank balances must have been a result of borrowings.

You need to return to the drawing board and probably get a cheaper accomodation or get an additional job to improve your earmings. Wait for more advice from other people.

Good luck mate.
Live and let live

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:04 am

Yes I am confused by this why would ECO discount the savings? Does your wife plan to work in the UK show potential jobs that she could apply to.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:42 pm

As has already been commented, the ECO may query where your £7,000 savings came from if you are only earning £1,000 per month and paying £900 for rent. Have the savings been in your account for some time or were they deposited shortly before the application?
You need to be able to show that you will have a minimum of £102.95 remaining weekly after rent and any loan repayments have been paid. The ECO can see that you're unable to do that on your present income. As HRY2005 has asked, how are you paying your Council Tax?

vas
Newly Registered

Post by vas » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:50 pm

hiii iam going to apply fresh application end of sep and i will show them more income its may work out or no
iam regesterd in self employed now i show them transation on my same bank which i gave them b4 my brother have a ltd company so he tranfer money in my account in 10 aug 1132 pounds 27 aug 830 ponds and 13 sep 810 pounds so this money he tranfer to my account and the company name appear on the statments and i will submit my account letter and UTR number from hmrc and invoices for 2 months this enough or no?
and i submit my currently working job 8 months pay slips and employer letter and my bank statments (The bank statments i have feb-sep and my job money and self employed money going to this account and the end of balance is on 3 sep 5100 pounds.
also i moved to another place now iam paing 500 ponds per month my friend pay 500 per month accutal rent is 1000 plus bills the flat contract on my name and my friend name ihave a proof of rental agrement and conciltax letter on both names and letter from land lord and letting agent say that i can allow to bring my wife here the flat is double bed flat and massive hall and Spam separate toilets and bath and i will put letter from my friend say that he have no problem with me and iam welcome to bring his wife in the flat.
so plese help me is that workout or no

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:23 pm

Wow! A lot has happened in 2 days! New flat, letter confirming council tax payment at the new address and letter from the new landlord agreeing to your wife joining in the flat! Self-employment registration. Amazing.
The ECO may query the invoices from your brother-in-law showing you're employed by him as well as working in your 'day job'. He may suspect that this is simply a way of depositing funds into your account. Is this where your £7,000 savings came from shown in your refused application?
Be aware that although this new self-employment may be genuine the ECO knows all the tricks and will be looking out for them.
Regarding the size of the flat. Is there only one double bedroom for 3 people? You don't mention other living space apart from the Spam bathroom and 'massive hall'.

vas
Newly Registered

hiii

Post by vas » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:09 am

hiiii
The savings 7000 pounds i paid in my account on april and may month i put nearly 6300 pounds that money i tranfor from my another account
the ECO check my account how much i pay in in april and may month he din't see the my name on trancation there is my name appaer on the transaction
about my self -employed i used my brother company to put money in my account he tranfer on 10 aug 27 aug 13 sep around and i show them this is my earnings in 3 months period july to sep
my current employement is ok if they call to my emplloyer they will answer properly ther is no doubt
the only iam worry is self employement they accept r no can i give my brother details to them? there is one question in application
your sponcer have any additnoal job?
what can i mention on here ?
can i mention address of company ?
they want the phone number
help me please and any boday have a experince in self employement
how does work in home in high commision
reply please[/quote]

NiiKpani

Post by NiiKpani » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:52 am

I think you need the assistance of an immigration advisor to take you through everything or you risk being turned down again , i'm afraid.

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:32 am

if you wish to prove your savings then you need a letter from the bank to say when the account was opened and origin of money, if it was from another account under your name this should be satisfactory if this is less then 6 months you should get a letter from the previous bank. (signed and stamped on letter head)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:07 pm

You say you are working on a self employed basis for your brother's company. Have you registered as self-employed with HMRC and do you submit invoices to your brother for payment?
The ECO may consider that the 'self-employment' is simply a way in which your brother can deposit funds to boost your finances for your visa application and that work isn't actually being undertaken. As I've said, ECO's know all the tricks.
Of course you'll have to declare this work, otherwise how do you explain where the bank deposits have come from?

vas
Newly Registered

Post by vas » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:23 pm

Casa wrote:You say you are working on a self employed basis for your brother's company. Have you registered as self-employed with HMRC and do you submit invoices to your brother for payment?
The ECO may consider that the 'self-employment' is simply a way in which your brother can deposit funds to boost your finances for your visa application and that work isn't actually being undertaken. As I've said, ECO's know all the tricks.
Of course you'll have to declare this work, otherwise how do you explain where the bank deposits have come from?
hii casa thanks for ur reply
as i said i regeter with hmrc and i will get it that UTR number in week time
i have a invioces for 3 payments and accountent intrim accounts for july aug and sep months is this enough for evidence
and my brother will help to tranfor money till i get visa for my wife
if i stop this trancfer he may also ask october november payments so he will continue payments to my account is that good enough
please help

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:29 pm

You need to be honest with me. Is your brother only transfering money into your account for your visa application or are you really working for him?

vas
Newly Registered

Post by vas » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:13 pm

Casa wrote:You need to be honest with me. Is your brother only transfering money into your account for your visa application or are you really working for him?

hiii casa
acutally my brother have company since 2006 this company i only used for my wife visa application to show more income iam not working with in company i only using for visa purpose
secondly iam employed with another company which iam getting 1000 pounds per month
so iam showing them both jobs around 2000 pounds per month
this self employed job iam showing july aug sep
and my currently job i have 8 months payslips and employer letter and 6 months bak statments
is this enough ?
the only iam worried about self employed one
what kind of cross check they do
please help me on this matter please

vas
Newly Registered

jj

Post by vas » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:21 pm

akm
Last edited by vas on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:50 pm

You'll need to remember what date you gave in the first application. Yes, they do cross check and everything is on record. If you give a different date for your first meeting to your original statement the ECO will consider one or the other false.
To be honest, the ECO is likely to catch you out with the false employment information. How many hours do you work for your brother, how do you fit this in with your full-time job etc etc. Bear in mind that giving false information risks a lengthy ban for future visa applications. You're walking a very dangerous road. In my opinion, the ECO will see through this easily, especially as it's your brother's business.

vas
Newly Registered

Post by vas » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:37 am

Casa wrote:You'll need to remember what date you gave in the first application. Yes, they do cross check and everything is on record. If you give a different date for your first meeting to your original statement the ECO will consider one or the other false.
To be honest, the ECO is likely to catch you out with the false employment information. How many hours do you work for your brother, how do you fit this in with your full-time job etc etc. Bear in mind that giving false information risks a lengthy ban for future visa applications. You're walking a very dangerous road. In my opinion, the ECO will see through this easily, especially as it's your brother's business.
hii casa thanks for ur reply
i don't know what date i mension in the application the only iknow is i put the date is when i went to india in may 2009 dec2009 mar210 and may2010 i only mension this dates in this dates i can;t remeber the date what i put
so i want put the recent dates mar2010 bcoz i have eveidence of my engaement pics
and self employed job iam only put 60 hours per month and per hour i put 20 pounds is that ok
if they caught me on this case i will pay the tax for this peirods
in this country we can work for any one ? if we go ligeal is that ok iam only show less hours monthly i show 60 to 100 hours
second job i working as mail sorter this job is night time any way
even i ask somany oisc and solisiters advisers they said this is fine
please reply me

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:44 am

If you've had advice from OISC immigration advisors and solicitors, then I can't add anything more, assuming you've told them the truth, that you're not actually working in your brother's company for £20 an hour but are using this as a source of deposting money to boost your application.
You and I both know this is false and the ECO when checking with your HMRC tax and NIC records will almost certainly know this too. £20 an hour by the way is a very high rate and that on it's own may well raise suspicion.
If the date of first meeting your fiancee differs from the statement on your 2nd application you'll be facing a refusal. Why didn't you give the actual date you met, then you wouldn't be having a problem remembering what information you gave?

vas
Newly Registered

Post by vas » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:54 pm

Casa wrote:If you've had advice from OISC immigration advisors and solicitors, then I can't add anything more, assuming you've told them the truth, that you're not actually working in your brother's company for £20 an hour but are using this as a source of deposting money to boost your application.
You and I both know this is false and the ECO when checking with your HMRC tax and NIC records will almost certainly know this too. £20 an hour by the way is a very high rate and that on it's own may well raise suspicion.
If the date of first meeting your fiancee differs from the statement on your 2nd application you'll be facing a refusal. Why didn't you give the actual date you met, then you wouldn't be having a problem remembering what information you gave?

thanks for ur reply casa
iam worried about the dates and selfemplyoed
i have full evedence of selfemplyement
UTR number
INVIOCES
ACCOUNTENT LETTER(3months peiriod)
i start the self employenent in july 5
i got refused on 4 aug
if they check it the hmrc will show that i start work on july
how they think my selfemplyed is doggy?
can i have ur mobile no to contact u if u dont mind
send me private message thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:43 pm

Vas, this self-employment is going to come under a great deal of scrutiny as the business belongs to your brother and he's paying you a very high hourly rate. The ECO has already refused your first application due to suspicions over your savings.
If I can spot that the earnings paid by your brother aren't legitimate (you aren't actually working for him, he's just depositing money into your account for the visa application), then the ECO who is trained to look for things like this, almost certainly will.
You can PM me, but I won't be able to tell you anything differently than I am on the open forum.

vas
Newly Registered

Post by vas » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:24 am

Casa wrote:Vas, this self-employment is going to come under a great deal of scrutiny as the business belongs to your brother and he's paying you a very high hourly rate. The ECO has already refused your first application due to suspicions over your savings.
If I can spot that the earnings paid by your brother aren't legitimate (you aren't actually working for him, he's just depositing money into your account for the visa application), then the ECO who is trained to look for things like this, almost certainly will.
You can PM me, but I won't be able to tell you anything differently than I am on the open forum.

vas
Newly Registered

Post by vas » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:04 am

hiiii my wife got visaaa thaxxxx everyone