ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INFO: Bank Logo required on statements as per HO

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prakash_ec21
Newly Registered

INFO: Bank Logo required on statements as per HO

Post by prakash_ec21 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi,

While submitting the documents at the VFS, the reviewer said that there's no bank logo on the bank statements(althogh the statements had bank stamp and sign on every page which I guess is sufficient as per policy guideance)

ii) payments made to the applicant: Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming. If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).

On stating the above point from guidance, the reviewer said that the statements with bank logo are preferred by the HO and whether I still want to go ahead with my application without the logo. On hearing this who the hell would like to go forward :twisted:

So I decided to come back with the statement that has logo, and it would take another two weeks to get it.

I also read some post earlier where someone was refused the visa for this reason.

Just wanted to bring this to your notice to make sure you meet this strange requirement.

guaravd

Re: INFO: Bank Logo required on statements as per HO

Post by guaravd » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:58 am

prakash_ec21 wrote:Hi,

While submitting the documents at the VFS, the reviewer said that there's no bank logo on the bank statements(althogh the statements had bank stamp and sign on every page which I guess is sufficient as per policy guideance)

ii) payments made to the applicant: Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming. If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).

On stating the above point from guidance, the reviewer said that the statements with bank logo are preferred by the HO and whether I still want to go ahead with my application without the logo. On hearing this who the hell would like to go forward :twisted:

So I decided to come back with the statement that has logo, and it would take another two weeks to get it.

I also read some post earlier where someone was refused the visa for this reason.

Just wanted to bring this to your notice to make sure you meet this strange requirement.
Its not a starnge requirement buddy. Maximum applications are rejected for this reason. You should instead thanks that reviewer who has guided you and saved on your fees for re-application as your case would have 100% rejected without the logo.

prakash_ec21
Newly Registered

Post by prakash_ec21 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:08 am

But that is wrong if they are rejecting on this basis as the policy guidance clearly states that:

Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement.

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:32 am

prakash_ec21 wrote:But that is wrong if they are rejecting on this basis as the policy guidance clearly states that:

Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement.
The policy guidance also defines what they mean by electronic bank statement.
Electronic statements are one which is emailed to you (over the internet) and then you take a print out of the same. As per the guidance electronic statements should not only bear a stamp & signature but you are also required to submit a letter from bank on their letter head stating that the statements are electronic and are authentic.

prakash_ec21
Newly Registered

Post by prakash_ec21 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:35 pm

Firstly, it is not necessary that the online bank statements always bear bank logo. Also, the guidance clearly pointed out about stamp and signature but didn't say anything about the logo.

Secondly, the guidance infers that if you are not able to get electronic statements stamped and signed then you need to get a letter from the bank. Read the paragraph carefully with the "Alternatively" word.

What I'm trying the stress here is that if the bank logo is such a strict requirement then it should be mentioned in the guidance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming. If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).
Is your account an "online account"? The policy guidance is pretty clear about when you can submit "electronic" bank statements and in what format. And the VFS staff advised you as per the book.

This said, it is up to you to decide if you would want to submit what you have and risk a refusal. Such things ultimately boil down to caseworker's discretion / interpretation. Why? Perhaps because just as you have not understood what an "online account" is, some caseworkers also don't. There are many applicants who have submitted statements in the format you currently have and have been granted the visa, and also others who have been refused. The risk is yours to take.

See also Bank Statements

regards

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:23 pm

prakash_ec21 wrote:Firstly, it is not necessary that the online bank statements always bear bank logo. Also, the guidance clearly pointed out about stamp and signature but didn't say anything about the logo.

Secondly, the guidance infers that if you are not able to get electronic statements stamped and signed then you need to get a letter from the bank. Read the paragraph carefully with the "Alternatively" word.

What I'm trying the stress here is that if the bank logo is such a strict requirement then it should be mentioned in the guidance.
We are here to help those who seek guidance to apply for tier 1 visa. The information which we impart is pooled from the experiences shared by individuals.
Questions like why & why not are out of our limitations. Since you have read the guidance so intensely and you think bank logo is not so important then you can definately apply without it and take a chance. Choice is yours.
Best of Luck !!

prakash_ec21
Newly Registered

Post by prakash_ec21 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:13 am

I appreciate the great work u guys and this forum is doing. I'm not agianst anyone here. It's just that i'm not comfortable with such ambiguities.

Besides, i had already ordered original statements with logo from main branch on the day when I visited VFS.
I wanted to bring this requirement to everyones notice which is also pointed in the link provided by sush.
I would suggest to make that post sticky so everyone is aware and take care.

Cheers!!!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:00 am

prakash_ec21 wrote:I appreciate the great work u guys and this forum is doing. I'm not agianst anyone here. It's just that i'm not comfortable with such ambiguities.

Besides, i had already ordered original statements with logo from main branch on the day when I visited VFS.
I wanted to bring this requirement to everyones notice which is also pointed in the link provided by sush.
I would suggest to make that post sticky so everyone is aware and take care.

Cheers!!!
The confusion people have is because of their understanding of an electronic statement. An electronic statement is a formal statement (complete with Bank logo, account name and other details) which people receive as an attachment to an email (usually a pdf or html page) periodically from their Banks (in relation to their online accounts).

An electronic statement is NOT a print-out of the account transactions that you can print using online Banking facility!!
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:55 am

push wrote:An electronic statement is NOT a print-out of the account transactions that you can print using online Banking facility!!
Or one obtained on a plain A4 paper from one of the bank branches.

regards

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:33 pm

What about the electronic statement received through email which is digitally signed ???

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:14 pm

milindsm wrote:What about the electronic statement received through email which is digitally signed ???
Should be fine (as long as supported by a letter from the Bank/ or stamped as prescribed in the guidance notes)
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:18 pm

milindsm wrote:What about the electronic statement received through email which is digitally signed ???
Forgot to mention that such statements are usually a replica (with Bank Logo, account holder's name, address etc.) of the formal statements but for the fact taht they are in a soft copy and need to be printed by the account holder.
regards,
push

simic

Post by simic » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:22 pm

I am planning to submit my docs at VFS Hyd on Thursday - got the bank statements today - the banks refused to provide it on their letterhead and instead gave it on the Dotmatrix computerized paper printout that is the norm in most banks in India - it has the logo as a watermark and has the stamp and sign on each page - I also have a letter stating the minimum balance for last 3 months -- will this work on the bank letterhead signed by the bank manager stating all the details required in the website - will this suffice or should I get something more?
I have 3 such
IDBI - 12 months statement for salary proof on dotmatrix printout wiith sign and stamp plus letter from bank. also have salary slips and tax statements for salary proof
PNB - computerized printout along with bank letter w/ business card of the manager.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 pm

simic wrote:I am planning to submit my docs at VFS Hyd on Thursday - got the bank statements today - the banks refused to provide it on their letterhead and instead gave it on the Dotmatrix computerized paper printout that is the norm in most banks in India - it has the logo as a watermark and has the stamp and sign on each page - I also have a letter stating the minimum balance for last 3 months -- will this work on the bank letterhead signed by the bank manager stating all the details required in the website - will this suffice or should I get something more?
I have 3 such
IDBI - 12 months statement for salary proof on dotmatrix printout wiith sign and stamp plus letter from bank. also have salary slips and tax statements for salary proof
PNB - computerized printout along with bank letter w/ business card of the manager.
Ya based on the letter.
regards,
push

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:10 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Such things ultimately boil down to caseworker's discretion / interpretation. Why? Perhaps because just as you have not understood what an "online account" is, some caseworkers also don't. There are many applicants who have submitted statements in the format you currently have and have been granted the visa, and also others who have been refused.
An example of how decisions relating to issues such as this depend on how caseworker interprets the policy guidance (or understands the requirements).

Is the system flawless? No. Therefore it is always in the applicant's interest to minimize / eliminate risks. Not everyone can expect to be as lucky as this applicant.

regards

nishantchawla
Newly Registered

Post by nishantchawla » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:45 pm

sushdmehta wrote: Is your account an "online account"?
I have a savings bank account with ICICI. It’s my salary account. I do not get paper statements but e-statements since I have opted for e-statements.

Is my account an 'online account’? Since the brick-and-mortar version of the bank is also available for me to use. But I prefer to use on-line banking at all times.

For my application I am planning to take prints of the e-statements (they have the bank name, address, logo, my name, address, etc ..) and get it stamped and signed by the bank plus a letter from the bank on the bank stationary to state that the statements are authentic. Is this OK?

Regards

riteshgaur

Post by riteshgaur » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:00 am

Hi Nishant,

Yes, It will be perfect.
I also planned to do the same as you, becoz there are many rejection due to missing bank logo etc.

1) E-statement with sign and stamp
Here am not taking printout from Netbanking (HDFC), instead it will be better to order online, since they provide on bank stationary with logo etc.
2) Letter from bank for maintainance fund.
Regards
Ritesh

nishantchawla
Newly Registered

Post by nishantchawla » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:50 pm

How old the bank document can be .. for maintainenec funds I understand the documents from the bank should not be older than 15 days on the day of your application

Do we have a similar guideline for salary slips and supporting bank documents also.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:09 pm

nishantchawla wrote:How old the bank document can be .. for maintainenec funds I understand the documents from the bank should not be older than 15 days on the day of your application

Do we have a similar guideline for salary slips and supporting bank documents also.
For maintenance fund the latest statement should be less than 1 month old. Payslips will be generated each month so one cannot provide them with latest dates.
215. Only the following specified documents will be accepted as evidence of this requirement:
i) Personal bank or building society statements covering a consecutive 90 day period: The most recent statement must be dated no more than one calendar month before the date of application.

nishantchawla
Newly Registered

Post by nishantchawla » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:59 pm

Thanks! aruni4470.

How about the bank statements for supporting the salary slips.

Do we need all 12 bank statements stamped and signed not more than 30 days before applying or it’s OK to have these signed earlier/on different dates.