ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 visa: Applying from India with US employment history

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

new_manage
Newly Registered

Tier 1 visa: Applying from India with US employment history

Post by new_manage » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:26 pm

Abt me: I have been working in US since Feb 2009 to Jun 2010. I am out of job for the months of July, August and September of this year.

Please help me in resolving the following questions:

Q1: I am in the process of collecting the documents from US and it would take a while to get them. So, if I apply in October 2010, what are the 12 months should I consider? If its 12 out of last 15 months, I would be having only 11 payslips since July 2010 to Sept 2010 which would still suffice the required points as per earning is concerned. Is this fine?

Q2: Should I write an explanation for being jobless since 3 months?

Q3: I have all my bank statements from Bank of America, I tried to explain the customer service to provide authenticity of the document by stamp/sign but she was adamant that whatever they send it by post are originals and doesnt require anyfurther sign/stamp? If anyone applied with statments of Bank of America , please share your experience!

Your advice would be immensly helpful to me. Please advice me!

nishantchawla
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 visa: Applying from India with US employment hist

Post by nishantchawla » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:19 pm

new_manage wrote:Q1: I am in the process of collecting the documents from US and it would take a while to get them. So, if I apply in October 2010, what are the 12 months should I consider? If its 12 out of last 15 months, I would be having only 11 payslips since July 2010 to Sept 2010 which would still suffice the required points as per earning is concerned. Is this fine?
Yes, 11 consecutive months within the last 15 months should be fine if you meet the past earnings requirements.

Ref. 105. An applicant may claim for a period of earnings of less than 12 months if they have earned sufficient funds to claim the necessary points.

new_manage
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 visa: Applying from India with US employment hist

Post by new_manage » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:51 am

Thanks Nishant Chawla for the info...

sorcerer
Newly Registered

Post by sorcerer » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:17 pm

I also applied with US Bank statements.

Customer service sent me black and white statements which seemed very unusable and I chose not to apply with these statements.

Since they produce PDF Statements each month which can be downloaded from Online banking, I downloaded them and sent them to my friend in the US.
He got a color printout of the statements and then went into a branch and asked them to STAMP it with their Official Stamp.

They readily agreed to do it without an issue. (Their stamp is not very official looking -- but it serves the purpose).

The PDF statements have the logo and all of the details including Barcode in some instances -- so they are official.

I did get my Tier 1 visa with these statements.

All the best to you.

ukhsmp

Post by ukhsmp » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:42 pm

hi sorcerer,
I am also in a similar position .I am applying for my wife and kids dependent visa. I also have Bank of America acct. When you sent your friend to get it stamped did they do it. Pls let me know . I am in a bit of hurry now. I have requested the customer service to send bank statements I am waiting for them also. Pls advise which might be the best
ukhsmp